Bozack

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:25 am

Hawkinsville, GA

Re: THE SEARCH FOR EARTH. Plotting the Ascent map

Postby Bozack » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Now at bozack-bqe-3286 via ggm-3283 and i55-3284 for some map searchable spots.
Core not found and Earth still a myth
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:39 pm

hi all...o/

gotpurplefleas-bqe-1634 is loacated at -1226,-2201,64...Its a class A giant and is in a very densely populated area.

thnx
fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:23 pm

gotpurplefleas wrote:hi all...o/

gotpurplefleas-bqe-1634 is loacated at -1226,-2201,64...Its a class A giant and is in a very densely populated area.

thnx
fleas

So we are pretty sure that -x,-2y is the path to the core?
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Since we are pretty sure that -x,-2y is a general direction to the core, I am looking for the first TE gate location. I have a planet that is acceptable, or I could just drop an OSB.

The planet is in -5,-11,5. This is 79.6 light years from Ultima. Here are the requirements to gate that big of a jump.

This is almost 20 ly further than I wanted. It is doable, but without a major community effort, it will take a while.

There is a lot of iron and carbon close to load the Ultima side. It will take about 1200 jumps with Levs to supply the other side. This is the challenge with these massive gates. The far side becomes a challenge to complete.

Here is a 60 ly gate that we can drop a OSB to claim the system and plan the gate from any system that gives us about that distance.

This would take about 830 jumps with a lev.

So should we push this first gate and drag it out, or drop in a shorter gate and get it built faster? I see no reason to bring another agro world on line. I am leaning on finding a 60 ly system to drop an OSB in. Rhaven has already been exploring further out for the next jump also. Once we complete this in a month or so, we could be ready to start the next as we gate in the -x,-2y direction to get closer to the core and possibly Earth.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:27 pm

I am good with the bigger project. Yes, it will take more to do it but I think we have the amounts and people to pull it off. We should just go for it.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Building Prime gate was a major project at that time. I only had a rhino for a ship.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:50 pm

BoshingTong wrote:I am good with the bigger project. Yes, it will take more to do it but I think we have the amounts and people to pull it off. We should just go for it.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Building Prime gate was a major project at that time. I only had a rhino for a ship.

I agree we would have the amounts of iron, the issue is the amount of jumps to the further gate. It is a commitment and it will just be the first in a long line of gates. I am really trying to look at sustainability.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:40 pm

RAM wrote:
BoshingTong wrote:I am good with the bigger project. Yes, it will take more to do it but I think we have the amounts and people to pull it off. We should just go for it.

I agree we would have the amounts of iron, the issue is the amount of jumps to the further gate. It is a commitment and it will just be the first in a long line of gates. I am really trying to look at sustainability.

If we finish this side first you can run through the gate and ejump back. That should make it easier.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
User

TEKnome

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Postby TEKnome » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:22 am

BoshingTong wrote:
RAM wrote:

If we finish this side first you can run through the gate and ejump back. That should make it easier.

if the far end can be established in an Iron/Carbon rich system, perhaps a Colony can be built, and produce Mats.
Once the Near End is built, there will be some Mats on-site for the Far End, as well as other Gates down the line.
Colonies can be abandoned later, or maintained if viable
One such Colony every 4 or 5 Gates should help with a supply of Mats and fuel
TEKnome - Skimmer - Miner - Trader - Surveyor - Star Finder
Senator of Gnome Home
Governor of Mount Nevermind
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:21 am

BoshingTong wrote:

A little easier, but then have to fuel up at the SS and jump to the system with iron. This would have to be done 840 times on the smaller gate and 1200 times on the bigger gate. 400 more jumps is a lot to only gain 10 ly. By stopping and regating, we can jump 800 time, just double of the 400 more needed and get another 60 ly.

By doing this 3 times, we gain a whole gate length less work and get the same distance.
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:04 pm

I have not been feeling up to par the last bit, so my contribution may be sporadic. I have a couple of hundred assorted gate modules and will start more today I hope. I can do about 120 every 5 days if i start to feel better and have time for mining and coil factory building. As it stands now I am only at 25% of Stag's production on coils and would like to get a little closer and up my production. I have finished two sectors and have started a third. I haven't really noted anything spectacular planet wise, perhaps these could be put up as public on the database so all can see. I will continue to explore in the -y -2x,y+1 and am currently in -14,-28,7.
Cheers!
Rhaven
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
PreviousNext