User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: THE SEARCH FOR EARTH. Plotting the Ascent map

Postby RAM » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:22 pm

I planned an OSB for the first gate jump towards core today.

RAM-2sy-124 Sector -5,-10,3. Just past 60 ly from Ultima.

I will rename as I get Senatorship in about 5 days then plan a gate to Ultima.

I also had to look in Vivic's window to see his charts and maps.

Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Vivic

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:47 am

Postby Vivic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Hey i have been keeping these to myself but figured i would share seeing as ram got a selfie with my maps lol.

Black and white to best see center: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiUxZcs3_cVmmEg6t0rJ1Q__CX63

Close up of center in black and white: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiUxZcs3_cVmmEm_LDYmBrx1o6gZ

Sunscreen to best show density: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiUxZcs3_cVmmE0p7cg_7RWbh4v2

Close up of darkest area in the galaxy no stars right? Wrong : https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiUxZcs3_cVmmEqyBfHUYPTZax79

My tracked travels and heights , Bozacks included too: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiUxZcs3_cVmmEsDimd4D5hN_uAW

These 3 i have open when exploring /tracking progress.
Enjoy!
Vivic
Test ideas by experiment and observation.
Build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and Question everything!
Follow these rules and the cosmos is ours!
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Rhavenwing wrote:I have not been feeling up to par the last bit, so my contribution may be sporadic. I have a couple of hundred assorted gate modules and will start more today I hope. I can do about 120 every 5 days if i start to feel better and have time for mining and coil factory building. As it stands now I am only at 25% of Stag's production on coils and would like to get a little closer and up my production. I have finished two sectors and have started a third. I haven't really noted anything spectacular planet wise, perhaps these could be put up as public on the database so all can see. I will continue to explore in the -y -2x,y+1 and am currently in -14,-28,7.
Cheers!
Rhaven

I'm really sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, Rhaven. Take care of YOUR SELF first and foremost, please. I know that you are so humble you keep most of the generous giving you do to this community a secret but you, yourself, are the greatest treasure. Rest well and let us know if there is anything we can do to support you!
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:15 pm

I have an established OSB ready for the By Elections coming up in a day or two. 23rd or 24th. I can't remember. After a couple of days, I should get Senatorship and will plan the first gate back to Ultima. DemonicReaper is Senator there. Will just need his approval and we will be ready to go.

I would like to suggest that we name the gate chain TC, meaning To Core. I will name the first system TC1. I would like to suggest that we name the next TC2 and so on, if we are just dropping OSB in them to chain. If we find a good planet in that sector and want to settle it, then whoever is settling it can choose a unique name. Then when we go back to OSB chained gates, pick back up on that next number, or we could skip one, doesn't matter that much.

We have approximately 44,000 gates to the core. Once we are further along and we have a clearer idea where Earth is, we can start the TE (To Earth) chain off the TC chain.

If someone else has a better idea, feel free to present it. Just trying to find a simple way to identify what system is where in the chain.

Again, going with the 60 ly gate to start. I just want to see what is consistently manageable with the group we have. I have no problem adjusting that size as we go if 60 ly is too big or too small for us.

I estimate it will take a month for each gate pair, maybe 2. Once we load this first gate with extra iron sitting around, we may soon find out we are producing at a lower level then 318 million a month to keep up this level. That is a LOT to haul also. Last thing I want to do is burn out the haulers. We need sustainability.
User

Loke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:01 pm

RUM wrote:We have approximately 44,000 gates to the core. Once we are further along and we have a clearer idea where Earth is, we can start the TE (To Earth) chain off the TC chain.

44000 gate jumps * 10 secunds each = 122 hours :lol:
NPC would use 458 days if they jump once every 15min :shock: I bet they would get lost long before that.

RUM wrote:I estimate it will take a month for each gate pair

Thats 3667 years

This is by far the funniest idea I have seen in this game :lol:

RUM wrote:we may soon find out we are producing at a lower level then 318 million a month to keep up this level.

My colonies produce about that amount, according to colony analyzer

Edit:
37b nio and tin
6b prom
14T iron
2T carbon
13b tritium
Last edited by Loke on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:27 pm

RAM wrote:I have an established OSB ready for the By Elections coming up in a day or two. 23rd or 24th. I can't remember. After a couple of days, I should get Senatorship and will plan the first gate back to Ultima. DemonicReaper is Senator there. Will just need his approval and we will be ready to go.

I would like to suggest that we name the gate chain TC, meaning To Core. I will name the first system TC1. I would like to suggest that we name the next TC2 and so on, if we are just dropping OSB in them to chain. If we find a good planet in that sector and want to settle it, then whoever is settling it can choose a unique name. Then when we go back to OSB chained gates, pick back up on that next number, or we could skip one, doesn't matter that much.

We have approximately 44,000 gates to the core. Once we are further along and we have a clearer idea where Earth is, we can start the TE (To Earth) chain off the TC chain.

If someone else has a better idea, feel free to present it. Just trying to find a simple way to identify what system is where in the chain.

Again, going with the 60 ly gate to start. I just want to see what is consistently manageable with the group we have. I have no problem adjusting that size as we go if 60 ly is too big or too small for us.

I estimate it will take a month for each gate pair, maybe 2. Once we load this first gate with extra iron sitting around, we may soon find out we are producing at a lower level then 318 million a month to keep up this level. That is a LOT to haul also. Last thing I want to do is burn out the haulers. We need sustainability.

I like the name convention, it's simple. What we need are bigger ships. this would be easy in a class 20 ship.

If you add a SM and warehouse I can seen afleet with H that way once we get the gates. That I think would help explorers. I have a planet that makes hydrogen all day and can ship it out and keep it full with a small fleet of NPCs.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Loke wrote:Thats 3667 years

This is by far the funniest idea I have seen in this game

I got a smile out of Jam also.

The hopes is we can develop longer gate technology in the future.

BoshingTong wrote: What we need are bigger ships. this would be easy in a class 20 ship.

I have an idea I will be presenting to the UNCA about this very issue.

Black Sky Funding did not go through. Another review on Oct 12th.

Once the votes go through, I will be making a comprehensive proposal to the UNCA.

I gots me some more crazy idears.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:22 pm

RAM wrote:
Loke wrote:Thats 3667 years

This is by far the funniest idea I have seen in this game

I got a smile out of Jam also.

The hopes is we can develop longer gate technology in the future.

BoshingTong wrote: What we need are bigger ships. this would be easy in a class 20 ship.

I have an idea I will be presenting to the UNCA about this very issue.

Black Sky Funding did not go through. Another review on Oct 12th.

Once the votes go through, I will be making a comprehensive proposal to the UNCA.

I gots me some more crazy idears.

Oh that's a shame about the funding. Fingers crossed for 12th.
You are full of crazy ideas RUM. RUM? did loke really quote you as that :D . You do realise that I have the monopoly on rum?

Btw I escaped incarceration :D
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:03 pm

[quote="davh62"

Btw I escaped incarceration :D[/quote]

Hallelujah \o/ So glad to hear that, Dav!!!!
User

Loke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:12 pm

davh62 wrote:[
You are full of crazy ideas RUM. RUM? did loke really quote you as that :D . You do realise that I have the monopoly on rum?

Must have been a typo, 3 times in a row ;)

I assume this is your bible then Davh:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/dini ... broom.html

And to avoid being completely off topic, I have increased my hydrogen production to support the exploration pioneers further.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
PreviousNext