User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Garbage Solution

Postby RAM » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:01 am

Thanks to Fraaggii/Loke and his way of dealing with unwanted aluminium, I figured out a way to deal with garbage and compressed garbage automatically.

In the colony laws, add compressed garbage to the banned items.

In OSB laws, add garbage to the banned items.

Once a day, a batch run is preformed on all colonies and OSB on the server. When this is run with these items banned, it will remove any in the warehouse (This assumes you have garbage processing plants running. If you do not, just ban garbage).

You will see the day's accumulation of each throughout the day, but when the batch run is executed again at night, it will remove any found again.

So daily your garbage will be emptied.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

delfromanc

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:13 pm

Georgia, USA

Re: Garbage Solution

Postby delfromanc » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:21 pm

That is so cool. Will be updating my colonies and OSBs

Delf Romanc
Romanc Mining Company
======================
M*&@#!$*
Just Keep Pounding away.
User

Loke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:28 pm

lol, nice way of taking the "exploit" even further :P Basically removing garbage and its purpose from game.

I guess most of this is ok though, since its a way of working around the features/controls Jam never gets time to add.

On the topic of unintended gameplay, I just tested a SM that is only used by NPC traders. well it is possible for players to use it, but very unconvinient. Place the SM as far away from warp point of the OSB as possible (have to be on z=0, x and y you can choose freely), then it takes a long time for players to fly too, but NPCs still seem to trade with it.
Could be used to make an OSB be supplied and emptied without other players interference, but other npcs would still be able to interfere though.

Dont think Ill use it though, as it could confuse new players :(
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Loke wrote:lol, nice way of taking the "exploit" even further :P Basically removing garbage and its purpose from game.

I guess most of this is ok though, since its a way of working around the features/controls Jam never gets time to add.

On the topic of unintended gameplay, I just tested a SM that is only used by NPC traders. well it is possible for players to use it, but very unconvinient. Place the SM as far away from warp point of the OSB as possible (have to be on z=0, x and y you can choose freely), then it takes a long time for players to fly too, but NPCs still seem to trade with it.
Could be used to make an OSB be supplied and emptied without other players interference, but other npcs would still be able to interfere though.

Dont think Ill use it though, as it could confuse new players :(

I visited this in Spe yesterday. I was scratching my head for a while then spotted the sm :D
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp