User

wingtip

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Dont stone me but....

Postby wingtip » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 pm

I haven't played ascent in a very very long time... I stopped my subscription probably close to a year ago I'd guess... Has development of this game gone dead as theres been no update or even a peep since elections nearly a year ago????? I really want to play more ... especially since it was such a grind fest for the first year and I have 3 colonies to work with but if theres going to be no further development or at least finish the broken stuff we already have (mainly npc's) then why come back??? Anyone have any info on whats the plan for the game right now????
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Re: Dont stone me but....

Postby Wulf » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:24 am

very interested to hear the answer to this, I did renew my subscription when the announcement of the update, but since then they have run out (subscription) and no update :cry: I am unsure what is happening, as far as I know there is to be a significant release but no details.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Jam is currently waiting to hear about a new funding option Answer should have been last week. Maybe this week. If it does go through, it allows him to release Ascent - Black Sky. A subscription free in game buy relaunch. If the funding option does not work, he said he would have to figure out some way to relaunch, but would make it happen, just not sure about the time scale.

The relaunch has 2 things. 1. a new Unity Engine. Unity has been updated and the new release uses it. 2. No subscriptions. In game buys. 3. Terraforming completed. 3. Several bug fixes. 4. Many new bugs from new engine.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:53 pm

wingtip wrote:I haven't played ascent in a very very long time... I stopped my subscription probably close to a year ago I'd guess... Has development of this game gone dead as theres been no update or even a peep since elections nearly a year ago????? I really want to play more ... especially since it was such a grind fest for the first year and I have 3 colonies to work with but if theres going to be no further development or at least finish the broken stuff we already have (mainly npc's) then why come back??? Anyone have any info on whats the plan for the game right now????

:mrgreen: Yes, from a fix-it and new features perspective, things are going slower than we'd like.

As long suffering game players a bit of relief wb nice.

The real gold are the game players ... join us.