User

Fatoldguy

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:26 am

Re: To Core Gates

Postby Fatoldguy » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:07 pm

I have about 20 NPC Lev's moving iron and carbon from TC18 to the OSB in Asimov, just need to have some buy orders set and we can start to fill the mats on the gate.
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:15 pm

I emptied 157m iron and 10m carbon into the gate last night. Not sure what is going on, but there are buy orders for iron and carbon.but my own npcs are only supplying hydrogen for some reason. I will double check just in case.
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
no avatar
User

Fatoldguy

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:26 am

Postby Fatoldguy » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:36 am

It looks like my NPC's are moving iron and carbon to the Asimov OSB. When I asked the what their cargo was it was iron and carbon. Rhaven, could you also set up some sell orders, that way I can help load the gates.
no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Postby stagc2002 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:56 am

I have 10 Leviathan NPC's moving Iron and Carbon from TC18OSB to RSI Midway, when we have storage space closer to the ongoing gate I will repurpose them
no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Postby stagc2002 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:07 pm

somebody has a secret and they are not sharing....... :shock: :roll:
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:33 pm

I spent the weekend rewatching Lord of the Rings while moving iron. Those movies are LONG!
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Postby stagc2002 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:11 am

That is seriously impressive RAM, the LOTR Trilogy has a viewing time in excess of 9 hours and you managed to move over a Billion Tons of material in that time, it took me nearly 3 hours to jump haul 16 million tons of Carbon to finish one of the gates...you really are a secretive hauling magician....... ;) :shock: :?
on a side note: it took me 10 straight hours to fill all the available gates with required mods, do you have any tricks or hints to make that process less painful ?
But hey, whatever you are doing please don't stop, it makes our lives easier...looks like I will have to make more Gate Modules than I anticipated
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby RAM » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:12 am

stagc2002 wrote:That is seriously impressive RAM, the LOTR Trilogy has a viewing time in excess of 9 hours and you managed to move over a Billion Tons of material in that time

I never said I moved all that iron, just 9 hours worth as I watched LOTR. I think we are getting help and someone is remaining quiet.
no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Postby stagc2002 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:20 pm

I would say that getting that kind of help can only be from ONE source ... namely JAM, all I know is you and Rhaven approved the Gates and I started to move Gate Modules the day after approval, as I progressed outwards I was astonished to find all the Iron and Carbon had been already filled, as I said the 1st gate was 16 million tons shy of Carbon which I jump hauled in approximately 3 hours, I then proceeded on out the next day and filled all the gate modules in 10 hours straight, each gate was only awaiting the modules, Only one which requires Iron and Carbon now is Bova back to TC25, the last modules I put in today, So it needs 197million Iron and 19 million Carbon approximately, the nearest source appears to be Asimov.
You have to agree that there is no way one or even 2 people can haul 1.5 billion tons of material that quickly by conventional means
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:32 pm

Looking for the next system.

I found a Ang, Cyan field about 20 LY from Bova. Kind of a small gate. I just found a Col, Ang field with 2 prom, yea I know there are a lot of prom out there, about 50 LY which is our normal gate size.

I would like to gate that Ang Cyan field into the chain, but it is such a small gate. It will take two gates if I use this system with the Ang Col field.

I am just looking for systems with good fields to gate right now. I see no reason to take the time to search for planets this far out. It just takes too much time and effort for what I see as no real reason.

Once I find the good field, I do pull soil samples from each object in that system, but pulling samples from each system I am searching through just takes forever and I am too lazy to do it.

If we gate the Ang Cyan system, I cam move further away to find a new system about 50 LY from it. That would then just make one small gate and the rest return to the larger size. I just think it would be good to have another cyan field gated for down the road.

I am open to suggestions.
PreviousNext