Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

NPCs seem to go off route

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:06 am

I have instructed the NPC Pilots in the red box to trade between The Island in Prime and my OSB MIB Caerwedros in Ceredigion.

This route is very straight forward:

The Island (Prime) to Newydd Cymru to MIB Cerewedros (Ceredigion).

So... why have two of them gone to Ceres Surface and another is in Vestra Space?

I am trying to track stocks at MIB Caerwedros to see if they are still working, but without detailed reporting this will be nigh impossible.

In addition Margaret Cassar has bought hydrogen when she has nowhere on the route to sell it; how is that possible?
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: NPCs seem to go off route

Postby RAM » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:43 am

Mooncrest wrote:I have instructed the NPC Pilots in the red box to trade between The Island in Prime and my OSB MIB Caerwedros in Ceredigion.

This route is very straight forward:

The Island (Prime) to Newydd Cymru to MIB Cerewedros (Ceredigion).

So... why have two of them gone to Ceres Surface and another is in Vestra Space?

I am trying to track stocks at MIB Caerwedros to see if they are still working, but without detailed reporting this will be nigh impossible.

In addition Margaret Cassar has bought hydrogen when she has nowhere on the route to sell it; how is that possible?

The Island has "and" in the name and it bugs NPC pilots.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:40 am

I am awre of that, RAM. I got the NPCs to confirm the route by typeing in:

trade between the isl and mib caerwedros

They confirmed with the corrct route: The ISnald to MIB Caerwedros.

Three of them seem to be working OK. I just found it peculiar that two of them seem to have wandere off course.

I have had this before when some NPCs seem to be able to get to Sellers Starbases in Apollo Deep Space. I have confirmed this by ordering them to fly to Ceres and they get there OK, They even got to Apollo Deep space from locations that were not connected to the Inner 9 by gates.

There is definitely a problem with NPC navigation.
no avatar
User

rastilion

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Alveran

Postby rastilion » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:44 am

That's not a problem with NPC navigation.
It is a problem mapping a station-ID to a location. I had that problem quite often with NPCs in an ungated system, 300+ LY out.
The NPCs were shown at Seller's Starbase ($StationID), while they really were at $StationID.

You can safely ignore that message. It's just a pity that this simple bug, after being known for such a long time, still isn't fixed...
Edit: If possible, check the ID of your stations against the ID of their supposed location. (for those who don't know: Station-IDs can be found by checking the latest visited station data in your local ascent folder. The name of the .settlementcache file is the ID)

Regards, Rastilion
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Yes Rast, the Seller's Starbase glitch is not really a problem. Except when they actually end up in Apollo Deep Space and you cannt get them beack on thier route becuase the places on the route are not connected to the Inner 9 systems.

The originalproblem has now got worse because I cannot get the piltos to move to anywhere else.

I have filed a Bug Report in the hope that something can be done.