User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Re: New roid type suggestions

Postby Wulf » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

personally i would like name change for a few items like gold to represent precious metal for example , even if not in 'game' it would be good to see how encompassing the products we have are. or even something like iron leads to lots of debate, is it raw iron, all Ferrous metals, processed metals, is Aluminum a stand in for Non-Ferrous metals. so before we ask for more stuff would like to know what we are currently covering. just a side thought
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: New roid type suggestions

Postby RAM » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:03 pm

RAM wrote:Here was my suggestion to Jam:

Beryllonite

Beryllonite is a rare sodium beryllium phosphate mineral with formula NaBePO4.

The only element NOT in game to make DNA for algae design is Phosphorus. A Beryllonite asteroid would yield phosphorus and beryllium. This gives us all the elements needed to make DNA. It also gives us beryllium and phosphorus to be made into weapons. Both will make lots of boom.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/life-elsewhere-in-universe-may-be-rare-study-hints-36774713.html

Earth-type life may be more rare and precious than is commonly thought, according to a UK study that hints at a cosmic lack of phosphorus.

The element is vital to energy storage and transfer in cells, and is part of the chemical backbone of DNA. Phosphorus is created in supernovae, exploding massive stars at the end of their lives.

But the new research suggests that typical supernovae may not provide the conditions needed for forging the element.

I so hope he adds Phosphorus and Beryllonites. Makes sense that it would be rare in game if it is rare in the universe.

If phosphorus is key to life, like on Earth, then it would suggest that life is much more rare out there. Not impossible, but much rarer than what they have been thinking.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
Previous