User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Build a iron colony and earn 250 billion

Postby Loke » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:33 pm

330m iron left to supply. Good progress!

Guys, if you can please visit your colonies every few days, that will ensure colony updates properly and SM is selling all your iron. Colonies that does not get visited in a while often doesnt update properly and the iron produced will not be added to SM, which stops npcs from getting the iron and your wharehouse just fills up. NPCs only buy half of whats for sale each day, so if no upadte of colony then they buy 1m the first day, 500k the second, 250k on the third and so on.

If you want to check if that is a problem with your colony, just jump into the system but before you visit your colony do a SM search to see how much is available for sale. Then go to your colony and compare with the amount after colony is updated.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

TEKnome

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Postby TEKnome » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Loke wrote:... if you can please visit your colonies every few days, that will ensure colony updates properly and SM is selling all your iron...

... just jump into the system but before you visit your colony do a SM search to see how much is available for sale. Then go to your colony and compare with the amount after colony is updated ...

more important than I thought, I just did that test and watched my stockholding jump from 265,000 Iron to a bit over 4,000,000
I'll just have to visit more often lol

Cheers :-)
Skimmer - Miner - Trader - Surveyor - Star Finder
Senator of Gnome Home, Gnomore, TEK808
Governor of Mount Nevermind, Valyria, Banapple
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am

TEKnome wrote:
Loke wrote:... if you can please visit your colonies every few days, that will ensure colony updates properly and SM is selling all your iron...

... just jump into the system but before you visit your colony do a SM search to see how much is available for sale. Then go to your colony and compare with the amount after colony is updated ...

more important than I thought, I just did that test and watched my stockholding jump from 265,000 Iron to a bit over 4,000,000
I'll just have to visit more often lol

Cheers :-)

Colonies and ISBs are supposed to update every day, but this just does not seem to happen. Colonies and OSBs ONLY seem to update when the owner visits. This is VERY BAD and does cause NPC traders to cease to function properly.
no avatar
User

Fatoldguy

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:26 am

Postby Fatoldguy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:09 pm

I also found that when I missed a day on Ascent that the Loke's NPC's stopped buying from my colony. It does seem that as long as I visit the moon every day the NPC's will work, but miss a day and they stop.
no avatar
User

Fatoldguy

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Fatoldguy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:36 pm

Loke, have you purchased all the iron you need? I flew to your Cannibalcarb OSB and saw that there was no buy order for iron any longer.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Fatoldguy wrote:Loke, have you purchased all the iron you need? I flew to your Cannibalcarb OSB and saw that there was no buy order for iron any longer.

No, but wharehouse migth be full, only buildt 100m storage. Ill check when Im back home on monday.

no avatar
User

Fatoldguy

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Fatoldguy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:09 am

Thanks for the response Loke, I will plan to store my iron in my OSB until you can free up space to buy it.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Loke wrote:
Fatoldguy wrote:Loke, have you purchased all the iron you need? I flew to your Cannibalcarb OSB and saw that there was no buy order for iron any longer.

No, but wharehouse migth be full, only buildt 100m storage. Ill check when Im back home on monday.

Visited my OSB now, there is still space and order is up. I have not done anything, saw nothing wrong, no idea what happened. Stock Market issues is destroying this project :(

The colony not updating bug seems to not affect all colonies, most mine have been working fine while Ive been away for over a week now. I think at least one of my colonies is not updateing correctly, and it seems like all 4 iron colonies in CannibalCarbs is not updating.

Even though I found this project very interesting and fun I will certainly not do a similar project until Jam can fix most of the SM and SM related bugs, now its just too many of them. I struggle to remember to work around all of them just to kinda make trading work. When I send NPCs between my own colonies I can manage it, but when trading with others it gets very complicated with this many bugs.

User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:24 am

down to 117m iron now.

Anyone have any carbon? I havent really thougth about how to supply carbon here, judging by the system name I excpected carbon to be supplied quickly. Its only 40m so can be hauled in as well, but hauling carbon to a system that we are gating to easier move the carbon from, is a bit backwards :P

User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Loke wrote:down to 117m iron now.

Anyone have any carbon? I havent really thougth about how to supply carbon here, judging by the system name I excpected carbon to be supplied quickly. Its only 40m so can be hauled in as well, but hauling carbon to a system that we are gating to easier move the carbon from, is a bit backwards :P

I'll will try and get some to you.
PreviousNext