Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Experiment with Abandoned OSB

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:19 am

I have started to set up an experiment using an abandoned OSB. The purpose of the experiment is to find out if an OB that has been abandoned can still function and support itself. I was given a clue that it might by buying material from one of Flea's abandoned OSBs.

So MIB Caer Penrhos in the Llanrhydtyd system has been renames Caer Penrhos. I am in the process of building more Mechanical Parts Electronics, Farming Robot and Mining Robot Factories that will hopefully provide a basic income.

The intention is that the SM at this OSB will buy what food, luxuries and materials it needs, sell Electronics, Mechanical Parts and Robots, and store for a small fee, any Magnesium, Niobium and Tin pilots mine from the asteroids in the system.

The storage system works as follows: Miners sell the materials to the SM for 10 per unit and buy it back for 50 per unit. The OSB has sufficient space to store about 10million units of these goods so the asteroid field should be cleared before storage is exceeded.

If this works it could help with our expansion on the To The Core Route, because we can build OSBs for gate material storage and then abandon them to save on SC costs.

The experiment will be going live in the next few days.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: Experiment with Abandoned OSB

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:01 am

I have been monitoring my abandoned OSB for a couple of days.

Sad to say, although can buy items from the OSB and sell items to the OSB, the stock levels do not change. Neither does the OSB do any production.

This means that we cannot use this, as I had hoped, to store material for new Jump Gates which is a pity.