User

coxpwr

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:11 am

research complex in abandoned colony

Postby coxpwr » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 am

new player here on steam. as the title suggests i started a colony but messed it up (didn't probe planet first ) so i placed it in a bad spot. i had already started building in the dome which included a research complex. the complex was not yet finished when i abandoned said colony and went off in search of a new place to settle. got the new colony situated and after waiting for dome to regulate started building in the dome. all buildings were able to be placed but when i tried to place another research complex I got the message "cannot build you already have a research complex some place else". went back to the abandoned colony to see if I still had access and that was a no. so now I'm stuck to what to do about this. I searched the forums and i guess I'm the first one that had this issue because I found nothing. I have emailed Jam about my problem and am awaiting his replay. if he can't fix this i will have to start over on a new account which I will lose the SC's I bought and the steam goodies. i can however transfer all my ships to the new account via selling them to myself. that will take care of the bowman i bought and the leviathan and other ships I acquired. But I would think when you abandon a colony which you no longer have access to that all buildings will not be counted in your colony. maybe just a bug and Jam will fix it I hope.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: research complex in abandoned colony

Postby RAM » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:07 pm

I will check with him on this and see if there is an easy fix. You are the first I know who has done this. I am sure it can be resolved.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

DemonicReaper

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:14 am

United States

Re: research complex in abandoned colony

Postby DemonicReaper » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:07 am

I was forced to abandon the largest colony in ascent a couple years ago due to it being locked up. It did have a research facility completed on it. If I remember correctly, jam had to manually correct the issue so I could build one at a different colony.
Mayor of UC Farms, UC Iron, UC Tobacco, UC Processing, UC Mines, UC Vault, UC Composites, UC Parts, UC Factory, UC Hyde, UC Robotics, UC Tradeport, UC Coil Exchange, UC Surplus Materials
Senator of Black Hell and Ultima
Architect of UmbrellaCorp2