User

slhawkins

Rank

Commander

Commander

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Mining Beams - how they work

Postby slhawkins » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:23 am

To add to previous comments - the yield to temperature curve greatly benefits those who have lots of practice in. I might not have any trouble hitting 2200 pretty consistently, but many people do. While I agree those that put more time and practice into it should be able to reap the rewards more, I think there comes a point where it becomes too frustrating for players who aren't that great at it. I also found that simply changing the graphics quality greatly improved my ability to get consistent burns, giving those with poor graphics capability a disadvantage.

Maybe just drop the curve down so that max temp is 2100 or so, that'll open up a little bit of room for error. That's not much of a drop, but still gives them about 25% more time before the asteroid blows up. For a new asteroid the difference between a perfect burn and overcooked will be about 1/3 of a second vice the roughly 1/4 of a second right now. Not a major change of play but might be enough to make the difference for some people.
User

phantum

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Ft. McMurray Alberta

Postby phantum » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:07 pm

slhawkins wrote:To add to previous comments - the yield to temperature curve greatly benefits those who have lots of practice in. I might not have any trouble hitting 2200 pretty consistently, but many people do. While I agree those that put more time and practice into it should be able to reap the rewards more, I think there comes a point where it becomes too frustrating for players who aren't that great at it. I also found that simply changing the graphics quality greatly improved my ability to get consistent burns, giving those with poor graphics capability a disadvantage.

Maybe just drop the curve down so that max temp is 2100 or so, that'll open up a little bit of room for error. That's not much of a drop, but still gives them about 25% more time before the asteroid blows up. For a new asteroid the difference between a perfect burn and overcooked will be about 1/3 of a second vice the roughly 1/4 of a second right now. Not a major change of play but might be enough to make the difference for some people.

No.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Need the base yield of Bastnaesite, Aurostibite, and Neurocrystallite. Anyone have numbers?
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:17 am

Aurostibite Base Yield:

100 Silicon 76.92%
10 Gold 7.69%
20 Antimony 15.38%
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:04 pm

Bump for RAM.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Mining yield calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
RAM wrote: Loving the SiFi but Loke got his first.
Previous