Undocked from ship

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Royale

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:44 pm

Undocked from ship

Postby Royale » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:32 pm

Hello,

After a long hiatus since the kickstarter, I thought I'd come and play some.

I've been playing a new account 'Roy' whilst I relearn the game - I've forgotten everything.

However this evening, I thought I'd check out what I had on my original account and thought I'd take some of the bigger ships for spin.

Well somehow, whilst heading towards a colony in a Bowhead, I managed to undock from my ship, in a Hawk. I was typing at the time, perhaps this triggered something?

Having seen the Bowhead still in space, I manoeuvred back to it to see if I could rectify my situation. Alas, whenever I get close, it either literally disappears and appears about 200k away, or tell me I can't dock from this angle and I need to be below the ship, as I head towards it again, it then moves back to its original location.
I've tried getting really close, but it still does not allow me to dock. Am I dong something wrong?

How do I go about getting my ship back into my hangar?

I've tried from this angle:
https://imgur.com/a/xVk5izz

And this angle:
https://imgur.com/a/nsKA4hl

And many other angles.

Currently says it's parked:
https://imgur.com/a/fBFZmjb

Cheers,
Roy
"There's another way to survive. Mutual trust...and help."
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: Undocked from ship

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 am

I reported this bug as far back as 2016.

http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2688

Since when Jam has not been actively developing Ascent. RAM says Jam is doing some work on Ascent now. So, let's hope he gets some of these bugs sorted.

Since this affects your DLC Bowhead, I think it should be given some priority.
Blake Mooncrest
Proprietor, Mooncrest Industries

Senator for Elfydd, Newydd Cymru, Otturet, Ceredigion, Llandysul and Flavos Highway IV
Mayor of all MI Facilities in Miners Paradise, MITH Menzel 3, MID Holderness, MIB Farmers Market and MIB Ixaal

no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Restarting the client can help. It has taken me about 10 minutes to run it down. You can try to warp to the star then warp back to your ship. This make sync the movement rates. That is what happens. The parked ship movement rate gets synced to the star while the player movement rate is synced to a planet or some other object. We used to run into this with gates in older clients.

Welcome back Roy. This is annoying, but lots of other stuff works well. Hang in there.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Royale

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Royale » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:17 pm

Thanks.

I just logged in fresh today and it's still doing its teleport around and evading me trick, I can't actually get close enough to figure out how to properly dock. Whenever I do get in range it complains as shown in the pics posted.

Scratch that, I seemingly just got lucky and it docked me, a combination of the right orientation of my ship, with luck that it hadn't teleport away from me.

If I remove the Hawk from the Bowhead, and indeed any other stowed ships, this should be impossible to do again right?
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 am

RAM wrote:Restarting the client can help. It has taken me about 10 minutes to run it down. You can try to warp to the star then warp back to your ship. This make sync the movement rates. That is what happens. The parked ship movement rate gets synced to the star while the player movement rate is synced to a planet or some other object. We used to run into this with gates in older clients.

Welcome back Roy. This is annoying, but lots of other stuff works well. Hang in there.

I'm gonna try this with my stranded Mantas.

Thanks, RAM.
User

Royale

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Royale » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:09 pm

Also ran into this exact same issue today using a Leviathan and Hawk, just spent the last 15 minutes trying to dock with it, giving up now and going to bed.
User

Royale

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Royale » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:00 pm

So this is still an issue for me.

My Levi is currently parked at altitude above my colony on Amber.
I can not re-dock.
It doesn't give me the error anymore either.
It does the teleporting to another spot, but doesn't remain there to allow me to even get anywhere close.

This is now holding up my gameplay as I need that Levi to continue (read: start!) my colony build.

Please can this get some attention and be returned to my hangar. I shall not be using my Hawks again as this is so painful it is useless.
Last edited by Royale on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Royale wrote:So this is still an issue for me.

I can not re-dock.
It does the teleporting to another spot, but doesn't remain there to allow me to even get anywhere close.

This is not holding up my gameplay as I need that Levi to continue (read: start!) my colony build.

Please can this get some attention and be returned to my hangar. I shall not be using my Hawks again as this is so painful it is useless.

I have put a Leviathan on the GM for you at SS Plato in Apollo. Please keep this until such time as Jam can code a fix for this problem.

I would advise all Hawk owners NOT to undock a Hawk from a ship it is attached to in mid flight.

Only attach and detach the Hawk when docked at a Star Station or Starbase
User

Royale

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Royale » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:12 pm

Mooncrest wrote:
Royale wrote:So this is still an issue for me.

I can not re-dock.

This is not holding up my gameplay as I need that Levi to continue (read: start!) my colony build.

I have put a Leviathan on the GM for you at SS Plato in Apollo. Please keep this until such time as Jam can code a fix for this problem.

I would advise all Hawk owners NOT to undock a Hawk from a ship it is attached to in mid flight.

Only attach and detach the Hawk when docked at a Star Station or Starbase

Hello Moon,

That's very kind of you thankyou, i'll give it one last shot today before I give up and E-Jump.