Guide to reporting bugs

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Guide to reporting bugs

Postby jam » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:58 am

If the best you can do is "when I go to Apollo my ship turns blue" that's fine, go ahead and post it.

For extra points, please be mindful that we may be able to fix the bug sooner if given the following:

- Your username in game. If we need to check the database, this is the only way to figure out which entries are yours
    - The exact steps to reproduce the bug
    - Any other relevant information, e.g. your ship used to be painted blue and it's going back to its old paint scheme
    - The exact name of the location. Apollo surface? Apollo space? Apollo deep space?
    - If outside the Apollo cluster, sector coordinates are very useful (e.g. -1,2) and the precise system name is very much required. You know there are 274 billion systems right? :D
    - A screenshot is often very helpful, especially if you're describing something visual
    - The impact of the bug, if this is not obvious. If it's stopping you from playing it will be treated as an emergency

Edit: A quite note about things which may not be bugs - it's OK to post them anyway if you're not sure. If it's performance I will want to "correct" it anyway.

If it's a suggestion for usability or a new feature it definitely doesn't belong here. However, if in doubt, it's ok to post a bug report.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!