"Beta" on Steam

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

"Beta" on Steam

Postby jam » Tue May 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Before releasing new versions of the client to everybody, I put them in Beta on Steam.

To subscribe to Beta on Steam, right click on the game and select properties. There is a tab for betas, select "Beta" and hit ok. Don't enter a code, you don't need one.

Typically a release will spend between one hour and two days in Beta before going "live". I use this as a final check to allow members of the playerbase to volunteer as suicide troops to locate bugs I've missed during my own testing, of which, depending on the complexity of the release, there may be many.

If you don't want to encounter bugs or are unwilling to calmly and politely report them in the appropriate manner (email support@fluffykittenstudios.com or contact me on IRC for emergency stuff, or a post here on the forums if not urgent), don't subscribe to the Beta stream. Beta means buggy. Usually if you're not subscribed to the Beta stream, you will get the new stuff within an hour for little things, or within a day or two for the big stuff.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!