NPC Pilot error

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

NPC Pilot error

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:43 am

For three days now Vicki has been stuck at Seller's Starbase 3030 (newuser 3030).

I have tried to get her to fly to a nearby OSB I won. I have tried to get her to trade at other Stock Markets I have in systems linked to where she should be.

She should be at my Starbase 3030, which is a colony MID Ferric Heights in the Mooncrest-48 system. However as can be seen from the above she thinks she is in Apollo Deep Space at newuser 3030's ISB. If, as seems likely, she does fly to Ceres: note the flight path waypoints, then I have no way of getting her back to where she should be.

This is one reason that we need to be able to recall NPC Pilots and get them to give up their ships so that they can be reassigned. If that could be done, then I could get her back on to the trade route she should be following.
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: NPC Pilot error

Postby gotpurplefleas » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:19 am

Hi all...o/

Moon...I believe that particular sellers starbase is by label only...meaning that I have found many npcs located at a sellers starbase that is not located in Apollo space at all. I believe they are placeholders for routing and actually located in many different systems. Try routing directly to your osb in that system and see if she moves?

Of course I am not positive this is the case, as I have not talked to Jam about it, but with so many npcs myself I have noticed a pattern, and it may help with this.

Fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Sounds like she doesn't want to leave the party. I have had a daughter like that. I had to go get her. Not sure how that works in game.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:32 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.

She is now in Ceres Space. This means that for some reason she was in Apollo Deep Space and the routing waypoints shown previously were from Apollo Space to Ceres Space.

The Colony she should have been at has File ID number 3030 in the list of colony/OSB cache files. It refers to my colony MID Ferric Heights in Mooncrest-48. This is not the first time one of my NPC pilots has ended up in Apollo Deep Space, but it is the first time one has turned up there when there was no way they should have been able to travel there: Mooncrest-48 is not linked to the main Gate Network.

What I will have to do now is get a replacement forher working the OSB curcuit. It would be so much simpler if I could get her to return to Crew and give up her ship so I could move it and her back to where she should be... ;)
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Ok, Vicki is at it again. She seems to be a real "party girl". This time she got herself stuck at Seller's Starbase 304 (newuser304) in Apollo deep Space when she should have been trading between my colony, MID Tyngbraneth and my OSB MIB Tyngbraneth in Miners Paradise.. I also have another pilot stuck at Seller's Starbase 1406 (newuser1406) which is should be my OSN MIB Caereinion in Mooncrest-48.

I do not know how they can be doing this as they are only supposed to be able to fly to places linked by Jump Gates and Apollo Deep Space is not linked in this way. More importantly, Mooncrest-48 is not linked to the Inner systems by Jump Gate either, so I have no way of getting these pilots back to where they are needed.

I now have several pilots effectively doing nothing because I cannot return them to the systems I need them in. Please fix this; it is so very frustrating. :( :cry: