Invisible Assets

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Altairus

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Annwvyn

Invisible Assets

Postby Altairus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:53 am

Not sure if this is a bug or known issue.

My colony and OSB structures aren't rendering. Making it impossible to plan, etc.

Any thought?

CHeers :)
Senator of Dyfed
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: Invisible Assets

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Altairus wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or known issue.
My colony and OSB structures aren't rendering. Making it impossible to plan, etc.
Any thought?
CHeers :)

This happend occasionaly, usually if the colony/OSB is in a highly populated system and/or it is quite large. I tennd to reload the game and it cures it most of the time. At other times it is my internet connection that is at fault.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:46 pm

Finding the settlementcache file and deleting it may help also. Go to:

http://colony.ascentextras.com/

Follow instructions of how to find it. You may have to turn off hidden files in your windows settings. Right click on the file and delete it. Revisit your OSB(jump out and back is best). It should render.

If this does not fix it, it doesn't hurt anything to try. Always my first step. Fixes it often, but a few times it is other issues.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Altairus

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Annwvyn

Postby Altairus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:04 pm

rmartz wrote:Finding the settlementcache file and deleting it may help also. Go to:

Follow instructions of how to find it. You may have to turn off hidden files in your windows settings. Right click on the file and delete it. Revisit your OSB(jump out and back is best). It should render.

If this does not fix it, it doesn't hurt anything to try. Always my first step. Fixes it often, but a few times it is other issues.

Yes...that seems to have done the job :D

Thanks heaps for that :D
Senator of Dyfed
User

Altairus

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Annwvyn

Postby Altairus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Altairus wrote:
rmartz wrote:Finding the settlementcache file and deleting it may help also. Go to:

Yes...that seems to have done the job :D

Thanks heaps for that :D

Well, it does the job if I do it every freaking time...and that is NOT going to be fun!
Senator of Dyfed
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:31 am

Altairus wrote:Well, it does the job if I do it every freaking time...and that is NOT going to be fun!

It should not need to be done every single time. If you tell me the system and OSB name, I will jump over and take a look to see if I can see something bugging up the process.
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

Altairus

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Annwvyn

Postby Altairus » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:43 am

rmartz wrote:
Altairus wrote:Well, it does the job if I do it every freaking time...and that is NOT going to be fun!

It should not need to be done every single time. If you tell me the system and OSB name, I will jump over and take a look to see if I can see something bugging up the process.

It seems to have settled a bit this arvo, but in Raxia it was Caer Irusan (colony) and Twr Irusan (OSB).

Senator of Dyfed
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:27 pm

I will find some time today to swing by and look. If you see me in chat, remind me. My rememberer is not working great these days.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:39 pm

Looking at your OSB, it is not a real big one and everything works well for me. I hope it has settled down for you.

I did notice you have a lot of factories there. Just a word of advice. Production is pretty low at OSB presently. Without an ability to get morale up, you can only produce small numbers of each. The ISB production levels are like 100x+ higher.

I looked at your colony also. All looks like it is working for me. I did notice this when I mapped it.

We found that a zigzag pattern of res towers and mines/farms greatly increases production.

Like this:
"r" means res tower in the mapper. You can find this tool at http://colony.AscentExtras.com

Once you load a colony or OSB, the Draw Map feature will appear below the tables.

Everything seems to be working and another player is having the exact same issue. May be a server issue. They get desynced from time to time and Jam has to do some magic and they get fixed.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

Altairus

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Annwvyn

Postby Altairus » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:19 pm

rmartz wrote:Looking at your OSB, it is not a real big one and everything works well for me. I hope it has settled down for you.

I did notice you have a lot of factories there. Just a word of advice. Production is pretty low at OSB presently. Without an ability to get morale up, you can only produce small numbers of each. The ISB production levels are like 100x+ higher.

I looked at your colony also. All looks like it is working for me. I did notice this when I mapped it.

We found that a zigzag pattern of res towers and mines/farms greatly increases production.

Like this:
"r" means res tower in the mapper. You can find this tool at http://colony.AscentExtras.com

Once you load a colony or OSB, the Draw Map feature will appear below the tables.

Everything seems to be working and another player is having the exact same issue. May be a server issue. They get desynced from time to time and Jam has to do some magic and they get fixed.

Thanks for checking Ram.

With the OSB, I am really using it as a giant warehouse - must build more modules - but as I hate wasted opportunity, I added some manufacturing to assist - albeit in a minor way - any expansion. Hence the majority now being graphene production for domes.

With the colony, when I first established it, I didn't take into account bonuses for residential modules as at all - d'oh. I have taken a staggered zig-zag as I have not has time to crunch the numbers for production as yet. I did have a look at the zig-zag model, but initially ascertained that there would be an over-supply of residences. If other have number the number crunchy thing, and found it is best for production, I certainly won't argue with that :)

On the "invisible" front, I totally wiped my cache as I have been visiting a lot of other OSB's and colonies for espion...study purposes, and had accumulated a lot of data there. It has been performing quite well since then, and I can just delete it all in the future when it acts up :)

Thanks so much for the assist...the fantastic community here helps make Asent not just a good game but a great one :)
Senator of Dyfed
Next