Inner starbase shipyard bug

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
no avatar
User

tabsterLasVegas

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:18 am

Inner starbase shipyard bug

Postby tabsterLasVegas » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Perhaps this has already been addressed, but since I can not get the forum search function to work on the search word 'shipyard', I can not find that it has been addressed.

At my inner starbase, I have built a Mammoth ship hull and two modules: a class 10 warp drive and class 10 reactor. When I hover the cursor over the ISB's shipyard, it says something about the current module being built and then says "Stored modules: ". It does NOT list the stored modules at all, which should be the modules that I just built i.e. class 10 warp drive and class 10 reactor.

Add to that, when I go into the ISB's hangar, it lists "Unnamed" ship followed by 'Mammoth' 3 times, even though I only built 1 Mammoth hull. No matter which of these Mammoth hulls I switch into, when I go and use the 'Refit Ship' function, none of the aforementioned ship modules show up to be added. I get 3 Mammoth hulls in the ISB's hangar, but have no idea where my 2 Mammoth modules have been stored, if they have been stored.

In about 9 hours, another class 10 module will be finished, I can already predict that another "Unnamed" ship will appear in my hangar, and when I click on that, I'll be in another Mammoth hull, with no modules showing up in the "Refit Ship" window. It's like my class 10 modules are being reclassified as class 10 hulls. I hope not.
Attachments
bug.jpg
I built 1 Mammoth hull and 2 class 10 modules. 3 Mammoth hulls appear in the screenshot and no modules are listed under "Stored modules: " above right. Were my 2 modules reclassified as Mammoth hulls?
Last edited by tabsterLasVegas on Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: Inner starbase shipyard bug

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:00 pm

To test your hypothesis, I will make a Class 10 Capacitor at my Inner SB. If I am successful I will post it to you FoC, if not it will confirm your hypothesis. I will keep you posted.
no avatar
User

tabsterLasVegas

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Postby tabsterLasVegas » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:37 am

Well the bug was half resolved. I just checked and my class 10 propulsion system, finished being built and shows up in the "Stored modules:" at the top of the screen.

BUT my class 10 warp drive and class 10 reactor are no where to be seen, and I'm stuck with 2 extra Mammoth hulls.

I could not have accidently built 3 hulls because my titanium in my ISB storage was never 3 x 767 tons. I never mined that much titanium for 3 hulls.

So I have 2 extra Mammoth hulls that I don't want, and 2 modules are missing. I'm gonna create one of the modules again, take a screenshot as it is registered as being under construction and see if the bug happens again.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:25 am

I have successfully crested a Class 10 Capacitor; which I have put on the GM for you for 1cr.

I will build whichever of the other modules you did not build, if you let me know which that should be and I will do the same with that one.

I will also purchase the syrplus Mammoth hulls from you for a reasonable price. Let me know how much.
no avatar
User

tabsterLasVegas

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Postby tabsterLasVegas » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:00 pm

Thanks Mooncrest for the class 10 capacitor.

Finally everything is working again in my ISB's shipyard. Modules are showing up as being completed.
In regards to the 2 extra Mammoth hulls, I'll just hold onto them perhaps to be fitted later and sold at a great discount to some player who really needs one, but thanks for the offer to buy them.