Uncontrollable Rotation from Inputs

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
no avatar
User

Veladre

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:58 am

Uncontrollable Rotation from Inputs

Postby Veladre » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:48 am

I had started playing this game with my HOTAS and pedals disconnected but when i had set that back up for a different game i now get a right hand roll in game that i can't get rid of short of disabling or unplugging said inputs. I had honestly tried to work out how to map the inputs for a joystick or gamepad but ill be damned if i cant work out why there are 3 different sets of inputs and they arent really marked very well. I also cant seem to find a way to just delete a keybind from the list otherwise i would just remove all joystick inputs. I also havent had any luck in trying to find a config file to manually edit for this game.

If anyone has some solutions that i am missing i would be gratefull.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Uncontrollable Rotation from Inputs

Postby rmartz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:49 am

Key Binds can be found here:

Click the Input tab and you should be able to find them.

Second, if you have the Manual grav Anchor option on in "Options", you can roll and not be able to stop it without input. If you have Manual Grav Anchor "ON", tap left Alt key to toggle grav anchor on and off. Grav Anchor is like a brake when on.

Hope that starts to help a little. I do not use a HOTAS, so I can not help much with the settings.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:35 pm

rmartz wrote:Key Binds can be found here:

Click the Input tab and you should be able to find them.

Second, if you have the Manual grav Anchor option on in "Options", you can roll and not be able to stop it without input. If you have Manual Grav Anchor "ON", tap left Alt key to toggle grav anchor on and off. Grav Anchor is like a brake when on.

Hope that starts to help a little. I do not use a HOTAS, so I can not help much with the settings.

:mrgreen: RAM: I showed in my first Mischied post, using OpenOffice table cells, how to merge images and text into a single image to put between img and /img.

--- :arrow: If you just don't like OpenOffice then MS Word will do the same thing. ;)

:idea: True its a little more work but I doubt that is an issue for you. :)

:arrow: My last Mischied post illustrates the impact of using reverse video. Think about it. :o
no avatar
User

Veladre

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Postby Veladre » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:17 am

i was referring to trying to delete currently set inputs in that menu you highlighted. I dont see any way to clear them and wasnt able to track down a file to manually adjust to do so. At this point it seems the typical workaround is to disable the HID-compliant game controllers in the device manager until you clear the offending input, try to map everything to a joystick or gamepad that you can then disable or just unplug everything.

I have had to do this before for other games to correct but i was trying to get a response from hopefully Jam on this to see if there was a way to delete the preset inputs and it would solve my problem.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:06 am

Veladre wrote:i was referring to trying to delete currently set inputs in that menu you highlighted. I dont see any way to clear them and wasnt able to track down a file to manually adjust to do so. At this point it seems the typical workaround is to disable the HID-compliant game controllers in the device manager until you clear the offending input, try to map everything to a joystick or gamepad that you can then disable or just unplug everything.

I have had to do this before for other games to correct but i was trying to get a response from hopefully Jam on this to see if there was a way to delete the preset inputs and it would solve my problem.

:mrgreen: RAM's answer was right on target. Forgive me. Communication techniques is an important thing to me.

:arrow: RAM's answer provided an opportunity to point to a readability issue.

:?: The issue: Putting image and text in a more compact space .. your answer could have been easier to act on.

:arrow: Feel free to do the same, if you wish, in my threads.
no avatar
User

Veladre

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Postby Veladre » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:52 pm

Moneyman wrote:
Veladre wrote:i was referring to trying to delete currently set inputs in that menu you highlighted. I dont see any way to clear them and wasnt able to track down a file to manually adjust to do so. At this point it seems the typical workaround is to disable the HID-compliant game controllers in the device manager until you clear the offending input, try to map everything to a joystick or gamepad that you can then disable or just unplug everything.

:mrgreen: RAM's answer was right on target. Forgive me. Communication techniques is an important thing to me.

:arrow: RAM's answer provided an opportunity to point to a readability issue.

:?: The issue: Putting image and text in a more compact space .. your answer could have been easier to act on.

:arrow: Feel free to do the same, if you wish, in my threads.

Really? I post a question that upon review could have been more clear but in context should have been able to convey what i was referring to. I am not trying to be a jerk here but why are you commenting on this thread to try and school me in diction and phrasing. I am not shooting down any responses by people that are trying to help with but you had ZERO input other then a critique.

I would really love as i stated to know where Jam is on his own forums. I have sent a PM weeks ago for an account question that i have had no response on and he is a ghost on the forums in posts for a long time.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:14 pm

Veladre wrote:I would really love as i stated to know where Jam is on his own forums. I have sent a PM weeks ago for an account question that i have had no response on and he is a ghost on the forums in posts for a long time.

Account issues are best handled at support@fluffykittenstudios.com

I had no issue with your questions. I think I misread as much as you misstated. I make this mistake often. I also think we need a HOTAS section on the wiki, but since I do not have one, I can not really address it. I know several others who have used them and I think it would be helpful. If you could give me details, I could put it up, or you would request wiki access and be free to add it.

See you in the spinners.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.