Asteroid Mass Randomly Generated - Very Bad Decision

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Asteroid Mass Randomly Generated - Very Bad Decision

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Since I have had no luck finding an asteroid field containing Bastnaesite of my own, a very kind fellow player allowed me access to a field that had a baby Bastnaesite roid in it. I have been tending this field for the last few months and I thought I had created a couple more Bastnaesite roids. When I visit I smash up a few ordinaart roids and try to find the Bast roids. I thought I had four different roids because during one long mining session I can across, what I thought were, four different roids. Today I spotted a Bast roid and noted its mass. I then popped a few more roids and spotted another Bast roid because its mass was different. I had not moved very far from the first roid so took a look around for it and there was only one Bast roid in the area.

Clicking on the bast roid and then pressing Esc and clicking on it again changed the mass of the Bast roid. So, I am now beginning to suspect that I still have only onebast roid in my field, becuase the mass of the toid seems to be generated when you click on it.

What is the point of that? I know mass has no bearing on yield, so why bother with it if it is going to be randomly generated every time the roid is clicked on. I thought at least i could use it to distinguish between roids, especially the very rare ones. Now I am terribly disappointed that all my work in the last few months has not borne any benefit.

There is so much data that would be useful to a player that is not supplied, please, please, don't give us data that is completely useless.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Re: Asteroid Mass Randomly Generated - Very Bad Decision

Postby Wulf » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:40 pm

i agree, age would be a useful number but random weight (in space) is kinda pointless. I have long advocated changes to asteroids and if how my pleas are any indication they have fallen on deaf ears and likely this will too, Sorry.
several years ago we did have a vote but because of the recent prom raids event it was a emotional response I do not feel we (community) really understood or appreciate that we could change this to be significantly better. As the game stands asteroid mining is about the only thing finished and I think a little TLC in this area would help keep players around longer.

good luck getting this fixed.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Re: Asteroid Mass Randomly Generated - Very Bad Decision

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:23 pm

I think you are correct Wulf. any how its another thing to add to my list of thigs that need working on...