Large colonies unbuildable

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Kheben

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:57 am

Large colonies unbuildable

Postby Kheben » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:44 am

i just ragequit because i was building for 3 hours and all the "normal" bugs were appearing:
- flickeruing in of methan water on terraformed worlds, always resulting in having to build anew
-waiting like 5 minutes for planned buildings to get acknowledged, resulting in the green.....planned
-supplying with mats, waiting another 5 minutes, getting a crash when changing to leviathan to supply all at once
- logging back in to see that all supplied buildings disappeared, mats lost, 3 hours for nothing

=> understanding perfectly well, why people leave the game after two weeks. No bugs were done with since i started in October
:twisted: :evil: :twisted:

The problem is not gaining people but keeping them...

PS: My Rig: Win 10, intel core i7- 6700 @4GHz
16 mb ram, 64 bit, nVidea Gforce GTX 1070, 100mbit connection
Last edited by Kheben on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: Large colonies unbuildable

Postby davh62 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:49 am

Hi Kheben

I have also experienced this in the past. The only thing I can say is hit the send button often, say after every plot.
The bigger the colony/osb the longer you have to wait after sending. Yes sometimes 5mins plus if the col is huge. During this time my computer locks up & becomes unresponsive. If I wait it does go through, but if I start messing about changing windows or going to the internet It messes it all up. The same applies to supplying mats on a huge scale. Build a few thousand buildings then go supply them before planning new buildings. It's the only way I can expand my bigger cols/osb.

Hope that helps. Please give it another go you are a valued member of the community.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:16 pm

davh62 wrote:Hi Kheben

I have also experienced this in the past. The only thing I can say is hit the send button often, say after every plot.
The bigger the colony/osb the longer you have to wait after sending. Yes sometimes 5mins plus if the col is huge. During this time my computer locks up & becomes unresponsive. If I wait it does go through, but if I start messing about changing windows or going to the internet It messes it all up. The same applies to supplying mats on a huge scale. Build a few thousand buildings then go supply them before planning new buildings. It's the only way I can expand my bigger cols/osb.

Hope that helps. Please give it another go you are a valued member of the community.

:mrgreen: Sounds like LH's strategy of building them small and over a stretch of time is not a bad strategy. :)

:idea: That is, games are to have fun rather than strapping a huge backpack on thyself.

ugeek: See Moneyman contribution link: http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3242&p=26802#p26802.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:13 pm

so I have a small confession or more revelation. Yes my colony did crash the game (sort of) at the time my domed colony (predates KS terraforming devises) hit the limit and came to a grinding halt.

Jam did look at it personally, he flew 'icy hand' (his ship) right to the colony and had a chat. he did up the limit and many other things to allow big colonies to exist HOWEVER he did warn the community that large pre-builds tend to not work well and suggested to limit the individual build sends to small amounts to avoid issues. i still tend to build large sets but I find if i do not move my ship (change location) then they (build orders) fail less. and patience it does get slow as it gets big.

Good luck