Am i still being charged SC for abandoned colonies?

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
no avatar
User

cannibal

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:22 am

Am i still being charged SC for abandoned colonies?

Postby cannibal » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:02 pm

Wondered if anyone has ever checked whether they're still being billed 80sc for abandoned colonies, as have had to abandon quite a few recently and they are still showing in my assets.

Don't mind a few stray SC, but i've left >5 to their fate.

As they don't come all out at same time, it's quite had to keep track
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Am i still being charged SC for abandoned colonies?

Postby RAM » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:53 pm

The ones I have abandoned appear not to be charging me. I tried to track this once and found it quite a challenge too. Over time, I can tell I am not being charged, but often wished we had a nice list of things for SC.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:20 pm

I am fairly certain I am not being charged for abandoned OSBs.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Yeah it doesn't charge you for abandoned. But I think there is a small crossover depending what part of the month it's done.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Provision-Senator of Barons Rest-Senator of Menzel3-Senator of Titan
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:14 pm

davh62 wrote:Yeah it doesn't charge you for abandoned. But I think there is a small crossover depending what part of the month it's done.

From when I first started I understood that the SC you receive for Premium Access is credited daily at a rate of 300 per month. Similarly, the maintenance cost of colonies and stand-alone OSBs are debited daily at a rate of 80 per month for colonies and 40 per month for OSBs.

So, presumably, you will pay for an abandoned colony/OSB until the day you abandon it and will pay for a new colony as soon as it is established. It is also possible that rounding errors associated with the daily, pro-rata calculations can creep in, but this will not affect your SC balance significantly.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Mooncrest wrote:
davh62 wrote:Yeah it doesn't charge you for abandoned. But I think there is a small crossover depending what part of the month it's done.

From when I first started I understood that the SC you receive for Premium Access is credited daily at a rate of 300 per month. Similarly, the maintenance cost of colonies and stand-alone OSBs are debited daily at a rate of 80 per month for colonies and 40 per month for OSBs.

So, presumably, you will pay for an abandoned colony/OSB until the day you abandon it and will pay for a new colony as soon as it is established. It is also possible that rounding errors associated with the daily, pro-rata calculations can creep in, but this will not affect your SC balance significantly.

Made a note of my current SC today 11500. Will monitor it to see if its deducted daily, weekly, monthly.
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Provision-Senator of Barons Rest-Senator of Menzel3-Senator of Titan
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:53 pm

:mrgreen: Something I've asked before but it was some time ago ...

:?: With al these abandoned properties still showing on the autopilot ... Why not sell them to active players and collect SC?

:ugeek: See Moneyman contribution link: http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3242&p=26802#p26802.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

UK

Postby davh62 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:10 pm

davh62 wrote:
Mooncrest wrote:

Made a note of my current SC today 11500. Will monitor it to see if its deducted daily, weekly, monthly.

Ok it definitely doesn't go down daily. Will continue to monitor.
no avatar
User

cannibal

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Postby cannibal » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Nice 1, thanks chaps-reassured
no avatar
User

cannibal

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Postby cannibal » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Moneyman wrote::mrgreen: Something I've asked before but it was some time ago ...

:?: With al these abandoned properties still showing on the autopilot ... Why not sell them to active players and collect SC?

:ugeek: See Moneyman contribution link: http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3242&p=26802#p26802.

Some had the colonial law bug that will prob never be looked into. Others were built and didn't work out or gate finished etc.

Would be a nice addition though :D