Ship automatically accelrates

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
no avatar
User

RabeKneo

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Ship automatically accelrates

Postby RabeKneo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Hey there,

I've started playing Ascent 7 months ago but i've only played a few hours.
My next login was today and following problem occurred:
My ship automatically accelrated and i can slow down it to about 300 m/s but i cant stop it.
The thrusters are working on 100%.
The only way how i can stop the ship is to shutting down the reactor.

What should i do because as long as i'm flying forward i cant mine and i'm at the beginning? :(

Sorry if something is spelled/described wrong, I am from Germany and my english is not the best :|

Edit: My Username is RabeKneo i'm in the apollo System
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Ship automatically accelrates

Postby RAM » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:06 pm

RabeKneo wrote:Hey there,

I've started playing Ascent 7 months ago but i've only played a few hours.
My next login was today and following problem occurred:
My ship automatically accelrated and i can slow down it to about 300 m/s but i cant stop it.
The thrusters are working on 100%.
The only way how i can stop the ship is to shutting down the reactor.

What should i do because as long as i'm flying forward i cant mine and i'm at the beginning? :(

Sorry if something is spelled/described wrong, I am from Germany and my english is not the best :|

Edit: My Username is RabeKneo i'm in the apollo System

The space bar turns thrusters on and off. Holding down shift and space locks thrusters on. It may be your keyboard mapping that is causing an issue. I assume you have changed it for German language.

Left Alt will toggle the grav anchor on and off if you have turned it to Manual in the options.

I have known a few who had joysticks plugged in or mapped and it was giving key commands and confusing game play. Make sure you have all controllers unplugged and restart the game. See if that helps. There have been a few who had drivers still running from controllers that were causing the issues too. You can use a controller to play the game, but the key bindings will cause issues if they are wrong.

Hope that helps and welcome to the game. i saw your hornet docked at Plato today. Feel free to call out for help in global chat while in the game. Any on will be happy to try to help. Do not worry about your English. We understand. English is my first language and I do a terrible job of speaking and spelling it.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RabeKneo

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Postby RabeKneo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:10 am

Thanks for your help the controllers caused the problems and i've plugged in 2 of them ...
unplugging had helped now i have to change the controls back to normal and everything is fine
Sometimes the controllers are evil :D
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:45 pm

RabeKneo wrote:Sometimes the controllers are evil :D

I could not have spoken that any better, except to add that Hubes is evil too. :lol:

Glad it is working for you. Welcome to the community. Let us know if you need help figuring things out.

Wiki Tutorial will walk you through the quests.

http://wiki.TheSpaceGame.com/Tutorial
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories