Crash on warps , hyper , gates and colony dives.

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Re: Crash on warps , hyper , gates and colony dives.

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:29 pm

DemonicReaper wrote:My rig currently has a MSI GTX1070 Seahawk, 32 GB 3400mhz G Skill V ripjaw DDR4, and an I7 6700K skylake 4.0 GHZ overcolocked @4.4 GHZ. I can assure you that I have the same crashes, it's probably a compatibility issue with Nvidia in general, or possibly the memory leak. I am currently using 3.5gb of memory for the game, good thing I have plenty, but on old systems this would definitely cause a crash.

Have had several dump files created, just haven't been able to find where they were saved. Do you know where they are saved to Ram or if they still being looked at?

In my experience there are two types pf crashes:
  • crashes that create dump files:
    These crashes seemingly can occur at any time; I can detect no apparent cause.
    The dump files created are located in the game's Steam folder:
    Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Ascent - The Space Game
    However, these dump files are of no use to Jam and can be deleted
  • Crashes which allow you to debug the error.
    These crashes do not seem to produce dump files
    I think they are due to a memory leak as they seem to occurr shortly after I detect that the game is slowing down.
I am not sure if there is anything we, or Jam can do about these crashes. Certainly the action stated in to OP seem to reduce frequency, but, in my experience, frequency varies as well: some days is good days and some days is bad days.

I have a 2 GB NVIDIA Geforce 840M Graphics Card, so the hypothesis that there is some clash with NVIDIA could be accurate.

But, than again, it is old tech (all us poor, old pensioners can afford :D ), so that may be my problem.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Crash on warps , hyper , gates and colony dives.

Postby Moneyman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:33 pm

:mrgreen: The crashes that really annoy me are the ones where I lose my particular site location during building.

I not only have to return to the site but also figure out where my ship was before the irritating crash. Slows done builds.
Previous