Lost BowHead

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Lost BowHead

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:23 pm

About 8 hours ago, I switched from my Leviathan to my Bowhead docked at SS Plato in Apollo. The initial switch was fine but when I reached Prime in the Bowhead, it had suddenly turned back into a Leviathan again. I went back to Apollo, and the Hangar still showed the Leviathan parked there, no Bowhead. When I switched from the Levi to another ship docked there, the Hangar showed 2 Levi's, identical down to the name of the ship, parked in the hangar and no Bowhead.

I tried checking my Hangar in Prime, nothing there but the manta I always keep parked there...came back to Apollo...still unchanged.
Log off and back on, no change. Log off, wait 8 hours, Log back again...still unchanged.

I am now in my Archon and have left the 2 identical Levi's parked together in Apollo hangar for easy verification. Please...can you magically switch one of the Levi's back to a Bow again? :-)

Thanks!
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Re: Lost BowHead

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:31 pm

I wonder if this is what happened to my Hawk. Although I usually berth it at SS Andromeda and have not noticed duplicate ships.
User

Loke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Sorry to hear that Ladyhawk, sounds exactly like what happened to my bowhead last year: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3005

Rastillion was nice enough to give me one of his as a replacement for the one I lost. But not long after that this Bowhead also suffered the same fate. And I gave up on owning a Bowhead, since it seems Bowheads are in risk of this bug.

Hope you have better luck than me, playing without the bowhead after you gotten used to having it, isn`t very fun.

Jam, could you prioritize looking into this? So it doesnt happen to more players. Especially since it is an expensive DLC/kickstarter ship.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Fraaggii of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Kroll, Skadi and Darkfield
Senator Loke of Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Postby Rhavenwing » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:15 am

hmm, I have also lost a hawk. I sent off an email to support but have received no reply as of yet. I feel it may have been on one of my npc ships when I assigned it to a pilot. There should be some kind of safeguard in place for this. as well as shipyards, to stop inadvertently starting new production over one already in progress.
Rhaven
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 am

Rhavenwing wrote:hmm, I have also lost a hawk. I sent off an email to support but have received no reply as of yet. I feel it may have been on one of my npc ships when I assigned it to a pilot. There should be some kind of safeguard in place for this. as well as shipyards, to stop inadvertently starting new production over one already in progress.
Rhaven

:mrgreen: Not to be overly cynical but good luck with that thought :D
no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Postby stagc2002 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:07 am

James Hicks, it's about time you got your shit together and started responding to requests from seasoned and loyal players whom have spent real $$$$ of hard earned cash to support your game and you do not have the civility to even respond. If you cannot find the missing ships then I ask that you release replacements from your Ivory Tower, the cost to you is Zero but will go a long way in saying who or what you really are as a Developer. The core of the playerbase here have been very loyal to you for the past 2 to 3 years suffering crash after crash multiple times per session but still they stay loyal. I know these players and they are not trying to scam you out of DLC Ships as you will no doubt remember that you suggested I was trying to do 18 months ago. Unless you show some degree of empathy with these players and indeed the whole playerbase as a whole you will find that when you release your new iteration you will have no one left to beta test it for you.
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:16 pm

I caught Jam on IRC just a little while ago and he apologized, said he'd seen the bug report but gotten buried, and issued me a key for a new Bowhead for now.

Thank you, Jam!!!

Our developer is alive and well, busting his butt trying to fix bugs on top of code for the re-launch and I am returned to the position of cheerleader for him :-)