Broken sector - cannot access colony

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

opusaug

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 am

Fort Myers, FL

Broken sector - cannot access colony

Postby opusaug » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:03 pm

I have a colony and OSB in an otherwise unoccupied system in sector 9,0,15. The original system name was opusaug-53d-2. Since I was the only resident, I elected myself senator (of course :D). Once the results were announced, I tried to rename the system to Deathtöngue (fans of Bloom County will understand the reference). Unfortunately, the game apparently doesn't like umlauts. My bad.

I left the system to gather some colonists, and as I tried to return, my map was behaving strangely. First of all, the Bookmarks tab only works half the time. I usually jump to the system from Spire in 10,0,16, the nearest gated system. I can travel to Spire but if I try to view the map between there and my system, discovered systems begin to lose their names, and when I get to 9,0,15 itself all but 4 stars have disappeared. My system is visible and has a name, which always starts with Deathtö. The remainder of the name is a random series of letters that changes every time I enter the sector. When I try to jump to the system, it successfully jumps to another system somewhere else, apparently at random, sometimes several sectors away. If I happen to end up in one of the other systems in 9,0,15 I can try to jump back to my system, but the ship doesn't jump because Dave thinks I'm already there.

It's unclear if I'm the only player affected, or if these symptoms are seen by other players as well. In any case, from my perspective I've broken a large part of the galaxy. RAM suggested I change the name of the system to remove the umlaut, which I'll be happy to do once I can get there. Help?
Respectfully,

Opus Augustus
Senator of Deathtöngue
Governor of Outland
Mayor of Bloom County and BC Babylon
callsign: opusaug
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Broken sector - cannot access colony

Postby RAM » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:13 pm

I can find it by searching for "deatht" but never tried to jump to it. I will try that today.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:19 pm

:mrgreen: Interesting avatar image. Why not have another player go out to your locale with you and verify what you are experiencing?

Use a private channel like fixitnow ... create channel using /join fixitnow channel command
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:43 pm

I searched for "deatht" and jumped. When I got there, there is what I found.

I also could not get anything to come up in the game map. I ejumped back to Ceres and all was well. This will have to be a Jam fix. I suspect you will have to email support@fluffykittenstudios.com or catch him on IRC.

PS - I used the 1.4001 client to see if it would show anything different. Seems to show the same. Once the system database has that crazy character removed, I think everything will settle down.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

opusaug

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 am

Fort Myers, FL

Postby opusaug » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. I sent an email to Jam.

MM: It's a self-portrait. :lol:
Respectfully,

Opus Augustus
Senator of Deathtöngue
Governor of Outland
Mayor of Bloom County and BC Babylon
callsign: opusaug