NPC Pilots stranded

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

NPC Pilots stranded

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:15 pm

For the past few days I have been transferring iron from The Island colony in Prime to my OSB MIB Caerdewi in Elfydd to supply a new gate there. When that gate was finished, I changed the NPC Pilot's route to hauling from The Island to my starbase MIB Caerwedros in Ceredigion. All seemed to be going well until I noticed that three of he pilots had, seemingly, wandered off the route: Their Route should be Ceredigion - Newydd Cymru - Prime. They should not enter the Inner 9 Systems at all.

I tried to get them back on route and was successful with Alexander McGowan, but the other two would not move.

Then I noticed this:
Sarah Miller says she is at Ceres Surface, but is trading with The Island??????

Now four of them are stuck on Ceres Surface. I have tried giving them a new route and ordering them to move to different systems in the Inner 8, but they will not move.

Is there any way to retrieve tham?
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Re: NPC Pilots stranded

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:04 pm

NPC Pilot Sally Lopez has now joined the group of my pilots hat are stranded at Ceres Surface.

I have tried to get them to move to various locations but none of them have moved.

These guys now seem to be stuck at Ceres Surface and I do not know how they got there, because the Ceres System was nowhere near their trade routes and, since they will not move from there, I assume that means that Ceres Surface is not connected to any location that is valid for NPCs.

I have had many pilots stuck at various Player Inner Starbases, but they have always managed to move to the Apollo System from their locations in Apollo Deep Space.
Last edited by Mooncrest on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: NPC Pilots stranded

Postby Moneyman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 pm

:mrgreen: mb some recent coding change has a fall through that is near the ejump code?

Usually happens when the code that was replaced overlaps a critical GOTO code line.

i. e. an extra line of code was deleted unintentionally?