Asteroid mining

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Johneaux

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Straya mate

Asteroid mining

Postby Johneaux » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Anyone else having troubles asteroid mining?

Sometimes I laser an asteroid to dark blue and stop and it does nothing... then laser wont work

Sometimes I laser to exsplode and the yellow shower of goodies just contines and doesn't stop and laser wont work

Sometimes it explodes, I get the goodies and then the laser wont work

Everytime I have to either dock/undock or jump out of system/jump back in to get it all to work again

Sometimes after 3 asteroids, sometimes after a dozen.. it varies

I first noticed last wednsday night 3rd july when away and ussing a mobile phone connection on a laptop and thought it was because of slow connection so didn't really worry about it, but it's still doing it this weekend 6th july at home on adsl and desktop pc
Johneaux
Senator - Epoch, Far Kurnell
============================
Previously known as Newuser57
Working for the interest of the common citizen since January 2013
no avatar
User

balldruin

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby balldruin » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:42 pm

I am having the same bugs. Thought it was just me.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Postby jam » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:42 pm

I will check into it!

Update: Unable to reproduce on test - suspect it's been resolved with new server code. Will deploy soon.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User

Johneaux

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Straya mate

Postby Johneaux » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:33 am

It seems to be happening with wreck salvaging too
Johneaux
Senator - Epoch, Far Kurnell
============================
Previously known as Newuser57
Working for the interest of the common citizen since January 2013
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Postby jam » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Client and server updated. This issue and the Psychedelic Apollo Syndrome should now be resolved!
...............................................................................................................................................
User

truchungfu

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:16 pm

Pennsylvania

Postby truchungfu » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Jam, this mining beam issue seems to be sporadic and still in game.

Many times i can mine without issue, but sometimes, after completing a harvest, I am unable to mine another asteroid (even with more than adequate space in cargo).

Resolved by quick dock/undock. Just wanted you to know it's there. Reports within last few days by 2 others.

Thanks!
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Postby jam » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:37 am

truchungfu wrote:Jam, this mining beam issue seems to be sporadic and still in game.

Many times i can mine without issue, but sometimes, after completing a harvest, I am unable to mine another asteroid (even with more than adequate space in cargo).

Resolved by quick dock/undock. Just wanted you to know it's there. Reports within last few days by 2 others.

Thanks!

Thanks I will take a look.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Postby jam » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:49 am

jam wrote:
Thanks I will take a look.

Hmm I keep filling my holds with every mining attempt... I need to test this differently heh
no avatar
User

Vagabond

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:13 am

Postby Vagabond » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:16 am

I get this as well. I was mining an asteroid that started with an A and had just switched to full screen.

After I mined the asteroid the 'you have mined x, y, z' came up. My inventory did not display this though it was simply blank.

I then tried to mine another asteroid and no matter how close to it I got it kept telling me it was too far away.

Went back to Elysium and the inventory appeared when I docked. Went back out and all was normal.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Postby jam » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Vagabond wrote:I get this as well. I was mining an asteroid that started with an A and had just switched to full screen.

After I mined the asteroid the 'you have mined x, y, z' came up. My inventory did not display this though it was simply blank.

I then tried to mine another asteroid and no matter how close to it I got it kept telling me it was too far away.

Went back to Elysium and the inventory appeared when I docked. Went back out and all was normal.

That sounds a lot like some code is getting stuck that shouldn't. Like the beam routine is never closing out.

I have never had this happen in testing, so the best approach might be for me to theorize what might causing it, write a workaround based on that theory, get it live and see if the problem ever comes back...
Next