Asteroid mining

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
no avatar
User

Grinneg

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:34 am

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby Grinneg » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:52 am

I ran into the mining beam lock a few minutes ago.

I was mining in Vulcan asteroids, the asteroid did not break up, no failure message, and the beam would not reengage. I traveled to the station to attempt a reset but would not dock, I got the same red error messages as the previous poster.
no avatar
User

Kittamaru

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Postby Kittamaru » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Just a heads up, I think I found a possible culprit - if you are mining a rock, and someone else finishes the rock first, it will break your mining beam till you dock/undock.

Probably a func_trigger or something like that within Unity not resetting properly?
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Kittamaru wrote:Just a heads up, I think I found a possible culprit - if you are mining a rock, and someone else finishes the rock first, it will break your mining beam till you dock/undock.

Probably a func_trigger or something like that within Unity not resetting properly?

We used to try to do this to each other just to tease, way back in the olden days ...
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

HaplessKiwi

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:27 am

Postby HaplessKiwi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:13 am

rmartz wrote:Image

Mining in Vulcan. Was able to continue to mine, although Truchingfu showed up and put me to shame with his CL3 mining beam.

Just had the same thing happen here in Veritas, after finishing off (apparently without result) an Angry Asteroid. Docked immediately to come to forum to see what I'd won (per message to comment on forums). :) When I did, though, the 'Repair Ship' button was visible-on a ship that doesn't have a hyperdrive fitted. Clicking repair gave message that ship was repaired for 0 credits and button disappeared.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:43 pm

"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
Previous