Asteroid mining

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
no avatar
User

Vagabond

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant
Posts

63

Joined

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby Vagabond » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Just an update to this. It happened again and noticed something new. Right after you destroy an asteroid there is a little particle effect of red dust coming at the ship. This red dust animation seems to be stuck. It never ends.... I was hovering at the asteroid for about 2 mins and it didn't go away.

Also it was an asteroid that's more than 1 rock in the same place if that helps.
User avatar
User

Sinstrite

Rank

Commander

Commander
Posts

367

Joined

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby Sinstrite » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:00 pm

As of the time I write this, the following is currently happening when I mine:

After you mine, you hear the "clunk" of the stuff you get, and you can continue mining. Your inventory on the right also updates.

Sometimes after you mine, the inventory does not update and you do not hear the "clunk" sound, you only see what you mined and how much of it. Afterwards, you can no longer mine and have to redock then undock to fix it.

Also to note: Only happened to me once, but I was going to mine an asteroid when it suddenly vanished right as I was coming up to it. It did not break apart or anything, just vanished, so I'm not sure if that's normal and I just managed to choose to mine it at the very wrong time or not.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer
Posts

2549

Joined

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby jam » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:21 pm

Vagabond wrote:Just an update to this. It happened again and noticed something new. Right after you destroy an asteroid there is a little particle effect of red dust coming at the ship. This red dust animation seems to be stuck. It never ends.... I was hovering at the asteroid for about 2 mins and it didn't go away.

Also it was an asteroid that's more than 1 rock in the same place if that helps.


Vagabond thanks to your detective work above I believe I've just been able to fix this bug for good - thanks!

At the same time I added a check for a texture system that should prevent some jittering while you're asteroid mining. This was causing some annoying little pauses while beaming. These will now only happen when you're not beaming, and so be less annoying.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User avatar
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral
Posts

3513

Joined

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby rmartz » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:57 pm

I have been having the problem intermittently also.

I notice that the speckles from the exploded asteroid does not stop. It keeps sparkling and I can not mine anymore until I jump out or dock and reenter space.

Sometimes, I have to log completely out and restart unity and it clears up. Another user was having the same problems. I suggested that and it corrected his same problem also.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer
Posts

2549

Joined

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby jam » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:46 am

rmartz wrote:I have been having the problem intermittently also.

I notice that the speckles from the exploded asteroid does not stop. It keeps sparkling and I can not mine anymore until I jump out or dock and reenter space.

Sometimes, I have to log completely out and restart unity and it clears up. Another user was having the same problems. I suggested that and it corrected his same problem also.


This sure has gone on long enough! I will break all the rules and write a kludge that detects it from outside the mining code and resets it for you. Darn.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User avatar
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral
Posts

3513

Joined

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby rmartz » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:56 pm

jam wrote:
This sure has gone on long enough! I will break all the rules and write a kludge that detects it from outside the mining code and resets it for you. Darn.

Most have worked. All seems to be working well today.

Need more Autunite!! :P ;)
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User avatar
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral
Posts

3513

Joined

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby rmartz » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Image

Mining in Vulcan. Was able to continue to mine, although Truchingfu showed up and put me to shame with his CL3 mining beam.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User avatar
User

truchungfu

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Posts

129

Joined

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:16 pm

Location

Pennsylvania

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby truchungfu » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:33 pm

rmartz wrote:Mining in Vulcan. Was able to continue to mine, although Truchingfu showed up and put me to shame with his CL3 mining beam.


Hey, i was trying to help :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral
Posts

3513

Joined

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby rmartz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:32 pm

Got another error in Vertias just like the previous. I lost connection to my router at the same time. I resynced and got back and everything was working right.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer
Posts

2549

Joined

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Asteroid mining

Postby jam » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Cool, well at least we know the horrible kludge works :D
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | Style by KomiDesign | Modified by Chris Valleriani