Things that need looking at

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Doodstamper9000

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: Things that need looking at

Postby Doodstamper9000 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:58 pm

RAM wrote: That is just the analyzer, not in game action. I was too lazy to wait for the bonuses to add in after completion, so I just allowed them to be added as it saw a structure. It ignores if it has been built or under construction.

I do remember seeing the bonus in game before my first palace started building. But I have research going at the moment so will have to check when that is finished. I will keep you posted

Another thing I noticed that you dont see new chat messages when you are looking at the galactic map you get when you press the "M" key. You do see the new messages once you exit the galactic map though. So not sure if this should be considered a bug, but thought I would just put it down here so you guys can think about it.

EDIT
I just checked my colony and I guess I must have been mistaken since it says 150 now. Which is correct, since I have 2 pyramids completed. Sorry for wasting your time guys.
Senator for Gilead and Amber

Hope is the hand that guided me. Secured by the hand that set me free.
User

Doodstamper9000

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Doodstamper9000 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:26 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, but it is something that needs to be looked at.

Font size (especially of the chatbox)
Resizing the different boxes (again, especially the chatbox)

People with a decadent monitor (like me I'm ashamed to say) have trouble reading the chat. Had someone ask about it in the help channel too earlier today.

PS. sorry if I missed it on the sheet. Looked for it, but couldnt find it.

no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:44 pm

We can not resize the chat in the client. It may be the resolution he is running conflicting with game resolution. We have had some who had to runt he game in a lower resolution to get the boxes and font readable. May take some playing to get it dialed in.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:56 pm

Doodstamper9000 wrote:Not sure if this is a bug, but it is something that needs to be looked at.

Font size (especially of the chatbox)
Resizing the different boxes (again, especially the chatbox)

People with a decadent monitor (like me I'm ashamed to say) have trouble reading the chat. Had someone ask about it in the help channel too earlier today.

PS. sorry if I missed it on the sheet. Looked for it, but couldnt find it.

I have added an entry under the Main Visuals heading.
User

Doodstamper9000

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Doodstamper9000 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:56 pm

Moon. Can you add the problem that you cant find systems that share numbers with other systems you own? Cause that one is getting me frustrated to no end.

For instance. I am looking for RandomName-___-215. Instead I can only find RandomName-___-2151. And sure, I can look for every single system by hand... but that is not how it should be. Or if that is how it was intended, they should just remove the search option and make us do it all manually. I have literally hundreds of roid fields that are "lost" because of this at the moment. Since I have been exploring like crazy lately. So I am close to 4k systems now, which means that this problem might occur to any system up to #400 soon.

User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Actually this problem is serious enough to be treated as a bug in its own right. My list is really for stuff that we can live with for the moment, but needs to be looked at in the long term. This is a really serious problem that needs to be solved as soon as possible. I think you should create a separate thread for it.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:00 am

It is not a bug. Adding the ___ is a hack. If you add in the entire name, it will find the system you are searching for.
User

Doodstamper9000

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Doodstamper9000 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:10 am

Yeah, that is a bit silly though since when I started playing the --- was the first thing people told me to do when making a register for my systems and roid fields. And now I am stuck with hundreds of perfectly good fields that are simply lost. I will basically have to revisit 1151 systems now. Since that is the number of fields I have currently. It might not be called a bug, but it is a very big annoyance. And I dont understand why there isnt an absolute search system. Where you find what you are actually looking for, since I cant imagine that being hard to implement. But I guess it is, since we are using another search system.

User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Doodstamper9000 wrote:Yeah, that is a bit silly though since when I started playing the --- was the first thing people told me to do when making a register for my systems and roid fields. And now I am stuck with hundreds of perfectly good fields that are simply lost. I will basically have to revisit 1151 systems now. Since that is the number of fields I have currently. It might not be called a bug, but it is a very big annoyance. And I dont understand why there isnt an absolute search system. Where you find what you are actually looking for, since I cant imagine that being hard to implement. But I guess it is, since we are using another search system.

Actually the ___ is an exploit. The random three characters were added to system names to prevent players from searching other player's systems. Then someone found that you could find other player's systems if you put the three underscores in place of the three random characters.

However, as it is now general knowledge and in general use, especially for finding one's own systems, I think the search should either give a list of matching entries or get the system with that specific number.

I will add this to my list, but I am not at all sure Jam will do anything about it.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:30 pm

Doodstamper9000 wrote:Yeah, that is a bit silly though since when I started playing the --- was the first thing people told me to do when making a register for my systems and roid fields.

Not sure who gave you that advise, but it is not good advise. Sorry. If you need help sorting it all out, let me know. I will do what I can to help. There will only be a few systems that you can not find. If they are close to systems you can find, you can often find them on the Map. I will help you as much as I can. Just let me know.
PreviousNext