Game not loading

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
no avatar
User

Kalngorth

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:42 am

Game not loading

Postby Kalngorth » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:33 pm

I was out in Kalngorth-cqw-111 -34.0, -86.0, 17.0 when I last logged off.
Next day I tried to log in, it would say login accepted, loading and about 5 to 10 secs later the screen would freeze and cant join game.
This is the second time this has happened to me, first time it started working again after about 24 hrs. This time has taken a lot longer, so uninstalled and re-installed several times but no good.
Then used login with emergrncy jump and that got me back in the game.
This may / may not be a bug, could just be where I was when I logged off.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Game not loading

Postby RAM » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:43 pm

I had the same issue at times. I had to upgrade my video card. I was using the default on the motherboard. Sometimes it overloaded the VRAM and it would not load. You found the solution. Login and ejump, then proceed on. I could sometimes get those systems to load and sometimes I could not. Just had to work around them until I got a new video card. If you only have 2 GB of VRAM, you will likely keep having that issue. My current card has 4 GB of VRAM and I never have an issue anymore.

Jam actually spent a lot of time trying to build in a workaround so my old video card would work, but it seems Unity has grown past the 2 GB limit on VRAM.

I suspect this is what is happening.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

Kalngorth

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:42 am

Re: Game not loading

Postby Kalngorth » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:31 pm

Thank you RAM, puts the idea I may have probable major things wrong in a better light ^^