Ascent: Black Sky

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Ascent: Black Sky

Postby RAM » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Moneyman wrote: :mrgreen: Just saw LH in her cheerleader outfit. Nice. :lol:

Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Oh MY....how did you get a hold of my Yearbook Cheerleaders photo??? :-D

That's a very old picture, but the cheerleading outfit still fits and, yeah, its been collecting a bit too much dust lately.

I agree entirely with the point Wulf and MM are both making about needing communication from Jam and if this general
election would ever end, believe we're finally on track to getting that communication through our President, Ram. \o/

I'm sorry you've got a bruised nose, Wulf, and I agree....when is Louie going to get around to learning to type? LOL
Even when he does, though, Ram will still be a better spokesman because he speaks humanese.
no avatar
User

tobascodagama

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Postby tobascodagama » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Dropped in to check on the game for the first time in a while, and this is some pretty exciting news to find!

Anyway, the thread is a bit too huge to read in its entirety, but I just want to reinforce something RAM said way back on the first page:

RAM wrote:Add 2nd tier commodities to the Local Markets. This means the Local markets will buy the items we make from the base resources, like graphene, basic meds, and such. This will really make it a traders game.

I completely agree with this! The biggest problem I had was that there's not much of an "on-ramp" from early-game money-maker activities like mining to full-blown participation in the player markets. The ability to off-load some basic, easy-to-get-started supply chain commodities to Local Markets will give players a good way to make money while they work their way up to the more complex and profitable supply chains.

If there's any core system I'd like to see get a rework, I'd vote for salvaging. The actual mechanics for salvaging are fine, but the fact that you only get low-level ship and component blueprints from them is a bit disappointing. Trying to actually build your own 6-10 ships instead of just buying them from established players or NPC stations is an exercise in futility. So I think it'd be nice if salvage dropped some kind of trade goods or materials required for ship/module construction in addition to the blueprints.
User

CaminoArcher

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:36 am

Postby CaminoArcher » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 pm

There are a couple of things that have kept me from playing this game ALOT! The first and foremost is controls. I can't even play it on my Primary puter because I have it set up with too many Axis (For Simulations). No way will I Unhook Joysticks to play a game. Way too easy for windows to get confused then My simulations get their axis's all screwed up. The other is Lack of Polish and the fear the game will get dropped and I will have invested 100000hrs into gameplay and now I have NOTHING to show for it. Hello SWG, I am looking at YOU!

You have the BEST Mining Mechanic I have ever seen in any game and Once you get around the controls and general clunkyness, Making money is Not so hard! (Contracts for Uranium)

BTW, I just resubbed. You Just can't beat the Price and You really do deserve the support!

Chris
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:13 pm

CaminoArcher wrote:There are a couple of things that have kept me from playing this game ALOT! The first and foremost is controls. I can't even play it on my Primary puter because I have it set up with too many Axis (For Simulations). No way will I Unhook Joysticks to play a game. Way too easy for windows to get confused then My simulations get their axis's all screwed up. The other is Lack of Polish and the fear the game will get dropped and I will have invested 100000hrs into gameplay and now I have NOTHING to show for it. Hello SWG, I am looking at YOU!

You have the BEST Mining Mechanic I have ever seen in any game and Once you get around the controls and general clunkyness, Making money is Not so hard! (Contracts for Uranium)

BTW, I just resubbed. You Just can't beat the Price and You really do deserve the support!

Chris

Good to hear on the resub Chris. :D
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:03 pm

I got close to 10,000 hours. I played long before Steam. I still enjoy it and find lots to do.

Come join our quest for Earth. It has become very intense of late.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
Previous