1.5100x Update in Beta

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: 1.5100x Update in Beta

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:09 pm

Loke wrote:All done in MZ3 with a mammoth and MB11. Please take a look and see if you guys get simialr or different

Yea, I am getting different. I get it much more purple in the rock right before it overheats. So far, it looks balanced between the two of us.

I am thinking it might be worth leaving as is and moving it to live. We can use it for a while and see if minor tweaking needs done, but I think we are pretty close to as good as it will get if yours and mine are examples. More testers will give us a little more info.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:28 pm

[/quote]I am thinking it might be worth leaving as is and moving it to live. We can use it for a while and see if minor tweaking needs done, but I think we are pretty close to as good as it will get if yours and mine are examples. More testers will give us a little more info.[/quote]

There seems to be a bit more delay at the end but it is usable and should be fine for a new player. The colors can blend with the nebula colors and make it difficult to determine the color change. I did notice the purple in darker fields but not in light-filled fields. This made little difference in my results though. I was equally bad in both fields.

This is a great improvement and one that is vital for gameplay.
Thumbs up here on the live version.
Now if only I had a better video card in my laptop, sigh
PS
I find it hard to read the temperature reading. Perhaps that was intentional or maybe It's just my old eyes. It seems rather small.
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Tonight, I had a run out to one of my old asteroid fields. The Mining Beam colours seem good and strong. I found that once the beam was entirely blue I could count , rather slowly, to three and release the beam and hit 2180 to 2220 most of the time. It became easier to hit the temp after a few goes and I only blew up one roid :D

I'm going to have a go in Vulcan to see if I can find any small roids to play with.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Mooncrest wrote:Tonight, I had a run out to one of my old asteroid fields. The Mining Beam colours seem good and strong. I found that once the beam was entirely blue I could count , rather slowly, to three and release the beam and hit 2180 to 2220 most of the time. It became easier to hit the temp after a few goes and I only blew up one roid :D

I'm going to have a go in Vulcan to see if I can find any small roids to play with.

I am assuming that was 1.51012 client.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:33 am

RAM wrote:
Mooncrest wrote:Tonight, I had a run out to one of my old asteroid fields. The Mining Beam colours seem good and strong. I found that once the beam was entirely blue I could count , rather slowly, to three and release the beam and hit 2180 to 2220 most of the time. It became easier to hit the temp after a few goes and I only blew up one roid :D

I am assuming that was 1.51012 client.

Aye. I did a few little rids in Vulcan. They break up a little faster than the mature ones; quite close to when the beam goes entirely blue. Again it takes a few roids to get used to the timing, but that is how it should be imho.
The new guys have to be a bit quicker to cut the beam and going after the mature roids gives a bit of leisure time to contemplate the scenery before the roid 'splodes. :D
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:25 am

Thanks. I will pass on to Jam that we are all in consensus to move this client to live.
Previous