New UI and HUD suggestions

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: New UI and HUD suggestions

Postby rmartz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:00 pm

If you click the leftmost column, wait a second, the colonies/OSB you own will be listed at the top. They will have a little green dot on the icon denoting ownership.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Mizuk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Somewhere out There

Postby Mizuk » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:05 pm

So if you notice the little square where the "picture" of the station is you can actually see my ship, furthermore its a not really a picture but a small view in 3d of the station with my ship hanging there, if you move your view around notice the 3d wiew also moves around.. nice little feature, please add this to our colonies and OSBs.. ;)
Any support to my just cause! :)
Can be given in form of Iron and Carbon at Route 6 planned gateway to Route 666
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:35 am

Is it also possible to get the gates to be at the top so we can find them. Having to hunt through the list is time wasting.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Postby Leprosi » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:44 am

the new UI looks smashing. there are some things that could be done to make it easier to use.

Image Image Image
Leprosi

Senator
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:43 pm

I am posting here because this is not a bug, but a UI issue I have witnessed a lot.

The Place Sell Order is often not understood. WE are asked often how do they post something to the GM. I am thinking if better wording, or putting this inside the Galactic Market UI might improve understanding. Even placing it UNDER the Galactic Market link and indenting slightly might help also.

By the way, I LOVE the new SS interface. It will take a bit to get used to, but very nice!

I would recommend a less transparent background on it. It also needs to have a higher Z to display over the Ship names around the SS.
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 pm

The 1.4004 UI windows do not hide when we switch to the Map.

The Chat and Autopilot stay visible also.

I am also wondering if the Autopilot could stay open when we make Jumps. Having to click it every time we transition from system to system seems redundant.

Also allowing for resizing of the chat window so the Autopilot and Chat do not overlap on smaller screens like mine would be nice.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:07 pm

I just wanted to make a separate post to take time to thank Jam, George and Nick for their work.

I can see the vision and I am VERY excited about the way things are developing. Thank for the long hours and extra effort you all are giving right now.

We want to do everything we can to make the Steam Release a very positive move. Without strong response, Jam will not be able to stay working full time. We players have a task at hand. We need to help, suggest, but also be very patient as they work through all the transitional issues.

I also encourage all to not hit Jam with a bunch of personal issues, but issues that are affecting the game at large. Not always easy to sort those out, but here is an example.

My ISB is bugged because I was dumb and decided I would build a SM in my ISB to see what happened. Well, it takes 2 minutes for whatever process that is locked up to give up and allow me to move and access things easily. I am just dealing with it since the only way to fix it is Jam to spend time reading through database files and clearing it out. I will not waste his time on this in the middle of all this.

These are the things we need to work together, identify system wide issues, and present them.

I say all this here, but I also witness this with most. So I may be speaking the the choir, but I did want to take the time to remind us that when one of the developers show up in chat, we need to work at helping them, but getting our one issue addressed.

Thanks again to all who are working together so well. Lets continue to make this a great game that allows several full time developers to enjoy a comfortable living.

Peace.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

Worm

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Worm » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:29 pm

I second the notion of placing the sell order inside the galactic market as two side of the same coin, buy and sell.

I too would like to give big thanks for the new UI that has all but eliminated the crippling eye strain i got with the old UI.

While the new UI is much better than the previous it is still too high contrast for me and as has been mentioned no matter what colors you go with there will always be a situation for someone when it's unreadable.

I would like to request if it is possible to give us the ability to change window and font color and transparency. If we could do that and have 2 presets that can be toggled between then coupled with the other mechanical improvements to the UI(placement,resizing,posi mem,etc) that would compensate for a very broad spectrum of tastes(color aversions) and in game circumstances(font matching/blending w/ environment color).

Great job so far Nick. i can see it all coming together nicely.
User

albrat

Rank

Commander

Commander

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:43 am

Postby albrat » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:28 am

I guess this falls under the New UI - It is more a bug but this seems a good place to post it.

I realised I needed to add some more time to my account before the end of the month. But i click the Premium Access button in game and nothing happens. (Beta 1.4005) This slightly hinders steam claiming of items and adding more Premium access time to my account :D

Click images for full size version.
Albrat Formerly newuser36083

Why does Dos never say good command or filename?
Senator of Arillia, Senator of Albrat-6.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:33 pm

albrat wrote:I guess this falls under the New UI - It is more a bug but this seems a good place to post it.

I realised I needed to add some more time to my account before the end of the month. But i click the Premium Access button in game and nothing happens. (Beta 1.4005) This slightly hinders steam claiming of items and adding more Premium access time to my account :D

Click images for full size version.

Alb, Jam is aware of this bug.. Premium does work but currently only in Apollo.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
PreviousNext