New UI and HUD suggestions

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

albrat

Rank

Commander

Commander

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:43 am

Re: New UI and HUD suggestions

Postby albrat » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Ah, okies. Thank you, Dave. Handy to know :)
Albrat Formerly newuser36083

Why does Dos never say good command or filename?
Senator of Arillia, Senator of Albrat-6.
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi Nick,
From the looks of things on here you all have been working very hard trying to fix the autopilot so that it works efficiently again. Efforts in this area are much appreciated.
However, my thoughts about this are as follows;
It wasn't broken to begin with...why change it at all other than to add the new look? It was one of the more ingenious ideas that Jam had to use the autopilot system that was in place. I was here before settlements were separated and the button added for my colonies. It was a little tedious trying to find things then, but when these changes were made ALL of the issues with usability were resolved, and we were able to use a system for transporting that worked...simply, quickly, and intuitively.
This part of the UI was not broken. Please consider putting the old autopilot system back in the game, and move any new features you would like to add to a different area.

Thanx
gotpurplefleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Mizuk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Somewhere out There

Postby Mizuk » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:28 pm

gotpurplefleas wrote: Please consider putting the old autopilot system back in the game, and move any new features you would like to add to a different area.

Thanx
gotpurplefleas

Please dont.

Sry Flea :(
But the new AP is several levels past the old AP, I understand changes are not easy for all, but this new AP which is in the beta works and with the filter option it not only load quicker but its much more intuitive than the old clunky AP, the old one is not very intuitive, its just square buttons placed in a box, I understand from what had you before that it was an immense improvement, but so is the new AP and I for one cannot wait to see the behind off the old UI both AP and rest..
Any support to my just cause! :)
Can be given in form of Iron and Carbon at Route 6 planned gateway to Route 666
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Mizuk wrote:
gotpurplefleas wrote: Please consider putting the old autopilot system back in the game, and move any new features you would like to add to a different area.

Thanx
gotpurplefleas

Please dont.

Sry Flea :(
But the new AP is several levels past the old AP, I understand changes are not easy for all, but this new AP which is in the beta works and with the filter option it not only load quicker but its much more intuitive than the old clunky AP, the old one is not very intuitive, its just square buttons placed in a box, I understand from what had you before that it was an immense improvement, but so is the new AP and I for one cannot wait to see the behind off the old UI both AP and rest..

crap...that was prolly all it took to confirm a reason to complicate and add too much information to a simple process...Ignore my post please.

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Mizuk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Somewhere out There

Postby Mizuk » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:07 pm

gotpurplefleas wrote:Hi Nick,
From the looks of things on here you all have been working very hard trying to fix the autopilot so that it works efficiently again. Efforts in this area are much appreciated.
However, my thoughts about this are as follows;
It wasn't broken to begin with...why change it at all other than to add the new look? It was one of the more ingenious ideas that Jam had to use the autopilot system that was in place. I was here before settlements were separated and the button added for my colonies. It was a little tedious trying to find things then, but when these changes were made ALL of the issues with usability were resolved, and we were able to use a system for transporting that worked...simply, quickly, and intuitively.
This part of the UI was not broken. Please consider putting the old autopilot system back in the game, and move any new features you would like to add to a different area.

Thanx
gotpurplefleas

After a quick chat with flea I now understand the issue and I agree,
Code: Select all
In systems where there is alot of colonies/osb its a pain to haul from A to B as the scroll list is long and it becomes a tedious pain and not fun to move materials around in a big system.

I suggest to add Bookmarks to filter options and allow us to bookmark colonies/osb with flavortext
Any support to my just cause! :)
Can be given in form of Iron and Carbon at Route 6 planned gateway to Route 666
User

wingtip

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Postby wingtip » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:27 am

as I mentioned bookmarks should be just like a browser bookmark function where we the player/user can make folders and organize them anyway we see fit.

I also suggested when doing hauls back and forth over and over and over again instead of going through the huge list of bookmarks or settlements tab , give us 4 or 5 buttons somewhere on the screen for hotkeys for jumps... but one button is always a back button to jump to the origin of last jump...

this would make gate hauling or any hauling from point A to point B very quick and user friendly... it also allow you to "temp" bookmark a location (via the hot keys) that you might not necessarily want to add to your regular bookmarks
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:13 pm

This seems a very appropriate time to resurrect a long standing request of mine to have the Specified Buyer, if any has been entered, appear on the sale detail screen of the Galactic Market search results.

Please

Please

Please

Please
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Allow tab to bring focus into chat.

If the colon does need to be stripped, can we go back to having it replaced by the semicolon? Now it truncates itself and anything afterwards. Totally eliminates many a smilie. We need our smilies.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Mooncrest wrote:This seems a very appropriate time to resurrect a long standing request of mine to have the Specified Buyer, if any has been entered, appear on the sale detail screen of the Galactic Market search results.

Please

Please

Please

Please

I concur indubitably.

I agree also.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi Nick
In latest beta- We need a scroll badly in the "Place sell order" UI in space stations. I am unable to sell some ships as they are off screen. Example here http://prntscr.com/ab2wds

I'm guessing this also applies to materials and modules within this mechanic also
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
PreviousNext