New UI and HUD suggestions

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Worm

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Re: New UI and HUD suggestions

Postby Worm » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Why so many sparrows and unicorns Dave? I imagine they have been stripped for parts in which case they are useless clutter. I would recommend putting them on the GM under your own name for 1bil each that way you'll never have to see them again(nor will anyone else for that matter, I hate that the GM is overflowing with stripped 1c ships) unless you search that price range. That is what i do with my stripped ships anyway.

I'm not saying Nick doesn't need to add a scroll just that you can clear most of that clutter.

What we really need is a way to recycle or at least just destroy ships.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Worm wrote:Why so many sparrows and unicorns Dave? I imagine they have been stripped for parts in which case they are useless clutter. I would recommend putting them on the GM under your own name for 1bil each that way you'll never have to see them again(nor will anyone else for that matter, I hate that the GM is overflowing with stripped 1c ships) unless you search that price range. That is what i do with my stripped ships anyway.

I'm not saying Nick doesn't need to add a scroll just that you can clear most of that clutter.

What we really need is a way to recycle or at least just destroy ships.

Jam asked me to put this here for Nick to see via IRC.
the ships are there for a reason.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:01 pm

i place stripped ships at 0

the default is 1 c or over so the 0 never shows

recycling would be nice

at one point someone was collecting junk ships on a junk account.. does that still happen?
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Wulf wrote:i place stripped ships at 0

recycling would be nice

at one point someone was collecting junk ships on a junk account.. does that still happen?

Yes, List all junk ships for 1cr and designate "Trash"

The disappear and problem solved.

Wulf, I see your 0cr listed ships when I search for ships for 0. Best to designate trash and they are removed from the game totally.

Having a Trash checkbox might be nice at the Designate location. This would let everyone know they can list for trash, since this IS the UI suggestions. 8-)
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:25 pm

rmartz wrote:
Wulf wrote:i place stripped ships at 0

recycling would be nice

Yes, List all junk ships for 1cr and designate "Trash"

Wulf, I see your 0cr listed ships when I search for ships for 0. Best to designate trash and they are removed from the game totally.

Having a Trash checkbox might be nice at the Designate location. This would let everyone know they can list for trash, since this IS the UI suggestions. 8-)

fantastic i will do that sorry was placing at 0 and calling them dead ;p

ALSO in my early time i though u could make low level ships so i have a bunch of unused hulls at osb's if we are looking at a ui/feature would be nice to melt those down as well ( or send them off into space like and old viking longboat, then set on fire as they go blasting to a planet :D)
User

Worm

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Worm » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:49 pm

rmartz wrote:Yes, List all junk ships for 1cr and designate "Trash"

Ah, yet another undocumented feature.

davh62 wrote:Jam asked me to put this here for Nick to see via IRC.
the ships are there for a reason.

Apologies.
User

Duke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Postby Duke » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:18 am

I'm fairly certain that what I'm going to post here is nothing new, but as I couldn't find it with a fast search - here I go once more.

I did a clean up on colonies and OSB's (moving sewage, food stocks, ore's, and items off to market) and I found a few things to be a real pain in the posterior.

1 the text blocks from OSB and colonies (the manage, plan building, ... boxes) are always on top of the Autopilot. it makes it hard to know what or where you are selecting.

2 for the custom filter, could I request an option for owned colonies/OSB's? if I wanted to see only MY colonies/OSB's, having a filter option that would save me from having to wade through lists of other peoples colonies and OSB's would be great. (I think I'm going to have to create a new acronym - OPCO, or other peoples colonies and/or OSB's. I've never created a acronym before)

3 the 'custom' filter is great, but would like to have 'custom 2' and 'custom 3'. when I'm moving between colonies/OSB and then gateing to another area, I could change filters instead of re configuring the filter each time I need to do something different. I would suggest the drop down for configuring the filters but radio boxes to change filters

These are the top three suggestions I have. Please feel free to ignore me, my cat does.
Drunk Jedi Mining - Small Moons, Asteroids, and stationary Starships - we mine it all
1/5 th at a time
PROUD TO SUPPORT ASCENT
Senator: Ultima, Heavy Iron
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:32 pm

It has been a week and we have had little insight into the updates and additions. Really curious what has been addressed and what has not.

One thing I would like to add is in the new UI, it is often hard to find the gates listed in the Autopilot in very populated lists. I think if the colonies/OSB were in a separate column from the planets and gates, this would work much better, yet add one more column.

Can't wait to see the current updates.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:18 pm

rmartz wrote:It has been a week and we have had little insight into the updates and additions. Really curious what has been addressed and what has not.

One thing I would like to add is in the new UI, it is often hard to find the gates listed in the Autopilot in very populated lists. I think if the colonies/OSB were in a separate column from the planets and gates, this would work much better, yet add one more column.

Can't wait to see the current updates.

Agreed rmartz. I really liked the separate UI in 3.169 for our own cols/osb's. Please could we have this back? We seem to have gained something shinny and pretty but lost some essential user friendly stuff. Also It seems to be impossible to filter planned gates. Only finished gates show in the filter. Filling gate materials just became a dull mechanic as is.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Hauling to Planned Gates

Postby Leprosi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:41 pm

Doing hauling runs to planned gates in the 1.40013 version takes longer now in part due to the Overview screen loading when arriving at the OSB. I now have to click on 'Warehouse' before I can load my materials. The sequence of events are now:

1. Arrive at OSB - Overview screen loads

2. Click on 'Warehouse'

3. Load materials

4. Go to Autopilot and find the Planned Gate to

5. Offload materials at gate. At this time the gate materials do not auto refresh when delivering a load. A bug has been filed. Screenshot shows before/after delivery amount.

6. Return to OSB and begin again.

Previously, the warehouse would autoload if you didn't close it prior to leaving to make the delivery saving time and steps.
Leprosi

Senator
Previous