Modular Palace

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Modular Palace

Postby rmartz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Wulf wrote:palaces rarely serve anything but a money pit and makes u look cool...envy of all
(note i believe original purpose was as a money and resource pit, burn up some of that extra mats, maybe a aluminum palace ;p
guess if you wanted to add use to it it could be considered your central command area.. so u could see..senator bills, vote, admin guys...i don't know.

anyhow wonder how try will look floating above the water :)...got to get it just right :) to deep and i will get wet paws too high and can't jump in for a swim. :lol:

anyhow very nice, personally i am a plant person so go trees go.

don't believe there is any rush as far as i know no decent gem planet has been found let alone developed.

Without a benefit, there is not much motivation to build since we do not descend to colonies of others as much. I seldom see other players colonies. If I trade, it is usually with OSB. So, if I build one, I am the only one seeing it. Not a big motivator. If they bring planetary bonuses, then they help all who build there. What a great way to encourage others to colonize along with us.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

donga

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Postby donga » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:47 pm

rmartz wrote: .... So, if I build one, I am the only one seeing it. Not a big motivator. If they bring planetary bonuses, then they help all who build there. What a great way to encourage others to colonize along with us.

that's a nice idea, it would encourage teamwork.

as a side note i do agree that something to generate demand for resources is badly needed in the game but a vanity only style item is unlikely to be a huge driver here (we aren't that lame as a community are we?)
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:06 pm

I would like them to be used as Guild bases

If we could "add player" or "approve player" to our own guilds......

It could have a guild sm and/or "Galactic market" tab that is only visible to other guild members. Thus guild members can give each other the very best reduced prices? Also modules and ships could be sold at these locations.

The palaces would also incorporate a "Repair ship" tab(which we badly need to explore further out)

I see one of those circular sections as a docking ring of landing type bays. :)

Thoughts please?
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Postby Leprosi » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:22 pm

davh62 wrote:I would like them to be used as Guild bases

If we could "add player" or "approve player" to our own guilds......

It could have a guild sm and/or "Galactic market" tab that is only visible to other guild members. Thus guild members can give each other the very best reduced prices? Also modules and ships could be sold at these locations.

The palaces would also incorporate a "Repair ship" tab(which we badly need to explore further out)

I see one of those circular sections as a docking ring of landing type bays. :)

Thoughts please?

That is a fantastic concept, davh. Long has there been discussions on having guilds actually in game, a much tighter conglomeration.
Leprosi

Senator
no avatar
User

donga

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Postby donga » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:41 pm

sounds great dav
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:57 pm

back to actual topic

will this be 'hooked' to ground?
can we build under it or it's going to have like a blue forcefield up to it (claiming the ground beneath?
if it floats will it be really high like half way to osb?

and will we be able to make one or as many on as many colonies we want (afford)

well i guess none of that is on design either

guess we are all still struggling with propose to design , strictly vanity, has function, where will it be located, can we interact with it, scale it is large or is it small.

i realize none of this is on design but.....

as far as a guild location, i don't think a palace is the spot for it

if we want something a little different

palace becomes system seat of government (optional of course) it is in orbit like a gate and houses system security, different house for hiring special npc's, has the current items that are to be voted on. the galactic president can make one of theses the official Galaxy headquarters.

this structure is one system only, system ruler places objects and anyone can supply materials.
User

Duke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Postby Duke » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:45 pm

I agree with rmartz, unless there is a benefit to building them I would pass them by. My thoughts on this is to give each module a percentage decrease/increase on an aspect of the game. They could be used to generate moral or something like that for the colony.

My other thought is that one of the modules would decrease the time required by NPC's to travel between destinations within the system, and one would decrease the time required to travel between destinations within a few gated jumps.

It would seem to be a selling point if the NPC's took 5 min instead of 15 min to travel between destination points within a system. (we would be able to shift more product between planets and OSB's and between players)

Have another module that would do the same thing for travel time between jump gates within a certain range (3 to 5 jumps). Let's say the max benefit range was 5 gated jumps at 5 min travel time per system. If I built the modules to get max benefit my NPC's could haul goods to a OSB 5 gate jumps away for 30 min travel time one way. (5 min in original system, 5 jumps through 5 systems) If done right, a player could almost open a bank where you deposit goods at one point and pick them up at another 15+ jumps away for a small increase in cost.

It would balance the prices for goods, make building gates easier and faster, and keep markets alive on the inner ring of colonized planets (which is where most new players would be starting out). It would also limit the number of NPC's needed to haul goods between systems since their round trip time would be less (smaller balls of NPC's moving through a system = smoother video card operation).

Just a few of the odd thoughts bouncing through my head.
Drunk Jedi Mining - Small Moons, Asteroids, and stationary Starships - we mine it all
1/5 th at a time
PROUD TO SUPPORT ASCENT
Senator: Ultima, Heavy Iron
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:39 pm

You wanna add more complexity to NPC haulers that are broken to begin with.... GLWT! :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Sciriez

Rank

3d Artist

3d Artist

Tue May 27, 2014 7:45 am

Postby Sciriez » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:09 am

Hi all,

Right. So I've spoken to Jam about these ideas and the reason for building these at all. The upshot is because these are something that you can build ad infinitum the gains need to be balanced between useless and OP. Some preliminary ideas we have are:

Towers: Electoral Influence.
Pyramid: Research speed bonus.
Temple thing: Morale boost.

The boosts would stack with each built, though diminishing returns are likely after specific figures.

As far as guild bases go, I'd prefer to fit them into Space Stations, allowing you to actually enter the SS and have a chatroom-like area that's private but records everything written. That's a little down the way, but something we have definitely been talking about.

Hopefully that puts some direction behind these. In terms of design, you all seem okay with the designs. The three are quite different, but perhaps the variety helps. I'm still working on other things, which have picked up considerably, so I wont get back to these until NEXT week, but I'll be finishing them off fairly quickly I think, if no-one has any major modifications they'd like to see.

If there are any more questions, I am of course happy to answer them. Let me know what you think of the above information as well, because it is preliminary for the moment, but I think it's a solid idea.

As always, thanks for your input, everyone!
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:47 am

Love the idea of research boost. Will it give us a research lab? Right we only have 1 on one colony.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
PreviousNext