Wiki guide supplement

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Wiki guide supplement

Postby Moneyman » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:46 pm

With RAM's assistance in creating the upload site: http://miners-guild.com/downloads/moneyman/, I'm uploading offline guide files to assist new players with the game.

The Wiki is good BUT leaves a lot of the learning to trial-and-error experience.

I think that the number of players would increase significantly if the new players had honeymoon (less demanding) time while they are learning game fundamentals.

Newbies are not so much fun for many experienced players - True?

The Moneyman file tells you what I am currently doing.

Please look at the uploaded files and tell me what you think - here. :mrgreen:
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Wiki guide supplement

Postby Agamemnon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:14 pm

seems like most of what you are trying to do is a written how to with pictures. Looks good.

Some of the info is already available via wiki like the definition/terminology page (I know I added most of that stuff to it)...but other items like how to sell a ship aren't, or they don't have really good pictures demonstrating the process or method.

I think when finished (needs some editing), they should be posted to the wiki instead of this off-site location though.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Wiki guide supplement

Postby Moneyman » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:16 pm

You've understood my motivation for creating the files - Point new players to the wealth of information that is already in the Wiki.

There is also a game marketing for new players thinking to my files - read only versions of the files can be in a web link on the Ascent main page providing a lot of game images to view for new players thinking about making the $20 purchase of the game - some extra up front money for game upgrade cash.

That is, content with a lot of images dovetail well with the existing videos of game features - "this is what you get if you spend that $20" AND newbies come to the chat with a better understanding of the game. :mrgreen: