Gems

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Gems

Postby jam » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:23 am

• Required for Palaces (along with gold from the new as yet unfound asteroid)
  • One ton is available from an inner nine contract
  • Research can be done on gems
  • Enough hints already
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User

Mizuk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Somewhere out There

Re: Gems

Postby Mizuk » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:52 pm

jam wrote:
  • Enough hints already

NeVaH nuf
:mrgreen:
Any support to my just cause! :)
Can be given in form of Iron and Carbon at Route 6 planned gateway to Route 666
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:30 pm

Gem scanner takes Antimony. We are still searching for that. "IF" it comes from asteroids, we are speculating that in comes from one with a lot of iron. This means Kamacites. It could be Siderolites too, but they only have 33% iron. Kam is 100% iron. WHy do we suspect Kams?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimony

Antimony is a chemical element with symbol Sb (from Latin: stibium) and atomic number 51. A lustrous gray metalloid, it is found in nature mainly as the sulfide mineral stibnite (Sb2S3). Antimony compounds have been known since ancient times and were used for cosmetics; metallic antimony was also known, but it was erroneously identified as lead upon its discovery. It was first isolated by Vannoccio Biringuccio and described in 1540.

For some time, China has been the largest producer of antimony and its compounds, with most production coming from the Xikuangshan Mine in Hunan. The industrial methods to produce antimony are roasting and subsequent carbothermal reduction or direct reduction of stibnite with iron.

We know Siderolites, Kamacites, and Chrondrites have been reset. One of these will spawn a new rock. We have been searching existing fields for a random spawn.

Now we find that gold is in a rare spawn of an asteroid. This means that antimony may or may NOT be in some new asteroid.

I have also noticed a few fields that have changed contents. This may be a fluke, or there may be a rare field like neuro.

Here is a little more info on it.

S-types are moderately bright (with an albedo of 0.10 to 0.22) and consist mainly of iron- and magnesium-silicates.

S-type asteroids carry little water but look more attractive because they contain numerous metals including: nickel, cobalt and more valuable metals such as gold, platinum and rhodium. A small 10-meter S-type asteroid contains about 650,000 kg (1,433,000 lb) of metal with 50 kg (110 lb) in the form of rare metals like platinum and gold.

I am highly suspicious of Siderolites for the gold rare spawn.

On with the hunt!! Yes, I love this stuff!! This makes it fun!!
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Guess i'll be doing some respawning and mining this weekend..... :mrgreen:
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:21 pm

:mrgreen: This thread reminds me of the Alladin movies - the only way for a peasant to survive is to find a magic lantern or something like it. Speaking of peasants (a flock of new players) - seen any lately? Every chat - including Help - seems only being used by players with a long history with the game. Doesn't that raise a red flag - does for me.
no avatar
User

Ant

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:59 pm

Postby Ant » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:51 pm

Aurostibite is found. It took me about 10 jumps to find a belt with loads of them. Antimoney (169) and Gold (84) from 1 roid.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Good find Ant. :D
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
no avatar
User

shathiell

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:03 am

Postby shathiell » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:33 am

Ant wrote:Aurostibite is found. It took me about 10 jumps to find a belt with loads of them. Antimoney (169) and Gold (84) from 1 roid.

Oh, so are they on belts on their own or mixed in with other roids?
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:59 am

shathiell wrote:
Ant wrote:Aurostibite is found. It took me about 10 jumps to find a belt with loads of them. Antimoney (169) and Gold (84) from 1 roid.

Oh, so are they on belts on their own or mixed in with other roids?

The field is a rare spawn, but the asteroids in it regen as others. Once you find a field, then you have a steady supply.
Check out RAM Memories.
Next