Co Op combat test

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Co Op combat test

Postby jam » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:54 pm

In the Beta client there is a co-op combat test encounter in Jam-1.

I don't expect one player to be reasonably able to take it on, and am interested in feedback on it. I haven't been able to test with more than 2 clients at once personally, although the systems are in theory open-ended.

This encounter type is spawnable... and I will be adding server side code that spawns them soon, based on pirate activity in systems.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: Co Op combat test

Postby davh62 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:24 pm

FG reports ,,,, all pirates destroyed. Myself and Leprosi conquered!!! 8+ seraph pirates sent to oblivion
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Postby Leprosi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:54 pm

davh and myself went to Jam-1 Encounter 1 today. He was in a well armed Ophie and I was in a less well armed Ophie. He was able to destroy 9 Seraphs without a problem and commented that the task was simple enough. From my perspective all I saw was a Seraph which stayed on my screen even after davh's view showed only debris. He did not get any reward for all of his hard work. I emergency jumped back to Ceres to have another go at it. When I got back to the encounter, the Seraph fired upon me and I got sent back to Ceres. Unfortunately, once there I could not dock nor jump to Vulcan. I kept getting the 'Cannot translocate blah blah' message. I quit the game in Ceres and when I relogged I was in Jam-1 space.
There was no feeling of being in a group to do the encounter. davh62 and myself were treated as individuals and not as part of a group. He could see the ships debris and I saw ships. He did say he could see my ship below his but I could not see him but I didn't look. It would be great if there was a way to be able to click a button and warp out at the same time as a group. I still have Encounter 1 on my AP as if it were not completed whilst davh62 is done with it even tho we were in the same place.
Leprosi

Senator
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Postby jam » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Yeah combat ejump doesn't work properly at the moment will probably fix it in the next client update...

If he could see you, most likely you could've seen him if you'd been able to look in the right direction at the time.

Server says the encounter's cleared, so I'm surprised you're seeing anything now!

I will re-add the encounter in case you want to mess around with it more. The more feedback the better really.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Leprosi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:45 pm

When you did a reset of the encounter it is deadly. We need to have a larger party to break up the Seraphs. davh62 gets creamed before he can ever get off a shot.
Leprosi

Senator
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:15 am

Leprosi wrote:When you did a reset of the encounter it is deadly. We need to have a larger party to break up the Seraphs. davh62 gets creamed before he can ever get off a shot.

The issue is that when we warp to the encounter the range between us and the pirates is far too close. We don't even have chance to lock weapons.
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Not really related directly to the coop test, but I am too lazy to look for another thread.

It would really be neat to see some non-lethal weaponry. Something we could use to disable a pirate vessel and send them running, but it doesn't totally destroy the ship. I know. It takes all the blast them to ... fun, but so many of us here are not overly aggressive and it might give this game a feature that many overlook.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Leprosi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:48 pm

rmartz wrote:Not really related directly to the coop test, but I am too lazy to look for another thread.

It would really be neat to see some non-lethal weaponry. Something we could use to disable a pirate vessel and send them running, but it doesn't totally destroy the ship. I know. It takes all the blast them to ... fun, but so many of us here are not overly aggressive and it might give this game a feature that many overlook.

Tractor beam them back to a station and move the ship to NPC roster.
Leprosi

Senator
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Actually it's called a prize ship, in the golden days of piracy you could board take the supplies, kill the crew and then take your guys split them in half to man the 2nd ship take it to the nearest neutral port like the dutch and sell it off for a certain percent or prize money (say 40% of worth) and they're turn it around, rename it and re-crew it into another merchant vessel.

Also, the military's (privateers) at the time would take pirate ship's they'd one at the same time period and sell them to their original nation back at like 50% costs etc to make money. That's why there was a lot of privateering back then.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:31 pm

Agamemnon wrote:Actually it's called a prize ship, in the golden days of piracy you could board take the supplies, kill the crew and then take your guys split them in half to man the 2nd ship take it to the nearest neutral port like the dutch and sell it off for a certain percent or prize money (say 40% of worth) and they're turn it around, rename it and re-crew it into another merchant vessel.

Also, the military's (privateers) at the time would take pirate ship's they'd one at the same time period and sell them to their original nation back at like 50% costs etc to make money. That's why there was a lot of privateering back then.

You forgot to mention rum and grog!