New UI Release Suggestions

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

New UI Release Suggestions

Postby rmartz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:50 am

These are not bugs but suggestions from us players.

1. Autopilot auto open after a jump. Every time you jump into a system, you will use the Autopilot. It just adds another click. If it opens once it is all loaded, then we will not click it too soon and get nothing to happen or have to wait a while, then click it just to open it.

2. Maininstruction should not autohide and needs smaller font. It is also hard to read it when on a planet when the sun is shining.

3. When Colony or OSB interface is opened, can it go right to the warehouse. I love that we have the overview, but that is not used all the time. Every time we go to them, we are looking to interact with the warehouse. Could this be the default when opening?

More to come.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Re: New UI Release Suggestions

Postby rmartz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:52 am

Hover text font is too big. Could it be made smaller so not to overpower the screen.

Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:01 am

No Chat activity in other channels indicator. It really helps to have this. If I do not stay in help with the new UI, I often miss a question. This means it is hard for me to stay in global and interact. That might be a good thing overall though. :lol:
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:05 am

IN the Colony overview, this blank line is most likely the Landing Bay substructure. I think some will ask what this is. Could it be eliminated and not listed at all?

Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:17 am

Increase the zoom out view. The Ophan fills a lot of the screen. Zoom out faster too.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:29 am

This seems backwards to me.

Should unload be on the side by Storage and Load be on the side by Holds.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:05 am

It would really be nice to have the shipyard construction listed in the OSB UI.

This:

in here maybe at the top.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:39 pm

The Contract List sort is a little weird. It is sorting from the entire line instead of the type of material.

Not sure if there is an easy way to do it, but it would be much better to sort from the type of material for the contracts. This would allow us to see groups of that type. If the material was the first word, then the sort would work much better. Like Titanium, supply #####. What would really be preferable to me is to do something like Titanium(#####) and shorten down the column to make the the whole Contract box narrower. It takes up a large amount of space on my 17" screen (Yes this is the computer that Jam hates but I am not the only one using a laptop to play :P ).
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:43 pm

I have several Bookmarks I can not delete.

It would really be nice to have the little red X on this UI also. I know I am not the only one who can not delete some bookmarks. We also get asked often how to delete them. Not real intuitive to click the "Add Bookmark" button again to delete. Since these got added with some weird 1.4001 bug, any time I try to delete them, a new one gets added.

Hey Nick, I ain't paying you to look pretty. I spect you do fix some things too! :lol: :P
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:51 pm

Could we set SB to autorepair when we arrive? Having that splash screen totally take over the screen when we arrive is a little ... demanding. It even locks us out of chat until we deal with it. Quite disruptive. Feels like some politician is sitting at my OSB waiting for me to arrive so they can demand things.
Check out RAM Memories.
Next