PVE Combat

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

PVE Combat

Postby rmartz » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Pirates everywhere!!!

I am loving the new PvE combat. Here are some things I like.

1. You can choose to go to the Encounter or ignore them and go on with your business. Not sure if that will stay, but liking the choice.
2. I love the variety of levels and knowing before going in what level we face.
3. The connection of pirates in colonized systems. I am not finding any in unsettled systems as of yet.
4. I hope they get tied to abandoned OSB soon. That will really make it fun.

Here are some suggestions and thoughts.

1. I would love to see a Combat skill that works like Mining Skill. There is little reward for taking out pirates right now. Would be good to have some benefit. A skill for all three laser types would be cool but just a Combat Skill that is applied to all weapons would really be fun. Give people bragging rights too.
2. Warp in location is a little too close. Davh said that was planned to be corrected. Just wanted to mention that I agree. 5k+ should be the warp in location.
3. Cloak does not seem to work on these pirates. Maybe they have anti-cloak technology. I hope not. Still fun to sneak up. I also noticed that the cloak seems to not be working in JA either.
4. I keep loosing a lot of fps while doing multiple combat missions. If I Jump out and back, it clears. Several others have talked about this also. (I am also noticing long time mining is dropping fps also.)
5. Salvage after defeating them. I suspect you have some plans. I jsut keep looking for those terraforming blueprints! I know they have to be in there somewhere!! :lol:

Overall, great addition. I know you have more plans with it. Just wanted to post some thoughts and responses to give you some feedback. Hope others will jump in and agree or disagree.
Last edited by rmartz on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: PVE COmbat

Postby davh62 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:47 pm

My thoughts to your suggestions rmartz.

1. Not liking this much. But what buff would it give? It would need to have purpose.
2. Encounter ranges are far too close. We have little time to aim weapons I would like to see the range around 10-80K random. Jam is aware of this issue
3. Yep cloak doesn't hide me either. Pirates always no where I am at the start of the encounter.. I thought we remained hidden until we fire a weapon?
4. Yes Pirate wreckage is messing with fps. Jam is aware of this issue also.
5. I'm liking the salvage idea. Currently there is no incentive to take on encounters. It's fun for a while but that soon wanes without purpose. They could drop some of the more rare mats dependent on encounter level? I would prefer a bounty paid to us by UNCA for helping clear systems. Of course both would be even better :)
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Re: PVE COmbat

Postby rmartz » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:18 pm

davh62 wrote:
1. Not liking this much. But what buff would it give? It would need to have purpose.

Like Mining Skill, that increases yield, Combat Skill would be a multiplier on damage similar to what Mining Skill does for mining.
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Re: PVE Combat

Postby Wulf » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:41 am

as far as salvage I believe jam like the idea of fragments. that is not a BP but a partial

collect enough (as community) and turn in to unca, plus whatever they have gives new BP for something.

also when we chatted it seemed he did not want to link combat stuff with non combat BP (ie terraforming)

so maybe suggest combat BP desired and put them out there as DATA we are trying to actively salvage like missiles, ground defense, orbital defense, npc/drone squad computer (especially for the npc's on a boomer) carrier doctrine, actually all the doctrines (likely navel, submarine and carrier) and would be good.

anyhow...
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Re: PVE Combat

Postby rmartz » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Wulf wrote:
also when we chatted it seemed he did not want to link combat stuff with non combat BP (ie terraforming)

Shut up. You don't have to remind him! :P :lol:
Check out RAM Memories.