State of the Game and Company, April 2016

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: State of the Game and Company, April 2016

Postby gotpurplefleas » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:56 pm

RAM wrote:
Soil Sample Probes will be a new DLC in a week or so. We will get a Launcher module and probe blueprints. We can make and sell probes, but it will require the ship module to launch them. So might not be good to openly sell the probes because some may not know it requires a DLC launcher to use. If I understood right, another $19.99 US DLC.

I'm confused...does this mean that the old probes don't work anymore?

fleas
gotpurplefleas
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:07 pm

We have core sampling probes in game currently, this new type is soil sampling probes. The sample we have had to land and walk to take. With probes we dont have to, which is very nice for those of us who are tired of flying down to planets and land :)
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
My AutohotKey tools: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4329
Mining yield calculator (google sheets): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:20 pm

Loke wrote:We have core sampling probes in game currently, this new type is soil sampling probes. The sample we have had to land and walk to take. With probes we dont have to, which is very nice for those of us who are tired of flying down to planets and land :)

oh!...sweet!...Thanks! :D

fleas
gotpurplefleas
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Mon May 10, 2021 1:52 am

Jam is holding up with the soil sample probes.

He is looking at a big sister to the hawk(DLC) and adding some skills for combat and piloting.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:25 pm

I thought it best to post here to inform everyone. I shared some in chat, but not everyone is on, so here is better.

Jam is working to get the game to be released on the new platform. Any new development will come after that. He said he may sneak in a few combat skills and a new weapon or two for the new release. I think that is wise. It brings another path that has been needed for a while.

Once the game is released on the new platform, with several pay options and play adjustments, Jam will go back to seeing what needs development. Unity released a new engine and he may update to that new engine too. Not sure. He was debating it last I heard. He and I have been busy and have talked little this past week.

The new platform MAY, but may not, bring in a wave of new players. It should bring in some new funds. If it does, we will see TF and other stuff developed. If not, things will go slower.

The way Jam wants to do TF is it will require a LOT of research on each planet. This means larger groups will be required to do that. With the new platform, Large and Small Terraforming Devices, like what was sold at the Kickstarter may be available to purchase. This may be a stop gap until TF is added fully in game, but it will be costly. The money will fund Jam to develop more. Without the funding, Jam will have to do other things to survive. Louie still needs to eat!

Anything we can do to help promote the new platform or clean out Steam bad reviews will help a lot.

I, personally, think we are about to turn a big corner and it may give new life and energy for years down the road, but I am a very optimistic person.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:59 pm

Jam hopes to have the game ready for release on the new platform in a month.

Premium may be a thing of the past. We will still need SC to build, but it will be purchased as needed.

Lots of things will be able to be purchased in game too. Sorting through it now. He will have to start slow, but will build as we go.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:20 pm

A lot of work is being done to get ready for the new platform launch. Jam just found out that Steam has a new rule that will not allow NFTs on their platform. This is what much of the new development was around. This will give him a new revenue stream. So, once again, things are being held up.

Some of the new ships designs are coming along well. New ships and new features all waiting for the new release.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:10 pm

What is an "NFT"?

RAM wrote:A lot of work is being done to get ready for the new platform launch. Jam just found out that Steam has a new rule that will not allow NFTs on their platform. This is what much of the new development was around. This will give him a new revenue stream. So, once again, things are being held up.

Some of the new ships designs are coming along well. New ships and new features all waiting for the new release.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:38 pm