State of the Game and Company, April 2016

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: State of the Game and Company, April 2016

Postby davh62 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:40 pm

RAM wrote:Jam stated today that he hopes to devote a week of server side work next week. No new client for this month. He said it would take him about a month to update the client to run on the new Unity engine. Lots good in the new update, but it breaks a lot of things. Similar to the Unity5 update did.

We are waiting for a December 9th visit with the people who my grant some credits for game development.

Thanks for the update Mr President. :D
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:59 pm

In relaxed conversation with Jam this weekend, here is what I have gathered.

He wants to release Black Sky before he gets into TMG. The challenge is to do a new client he HAS to upgrade the client to run on the new unity engine. If we all remember when he had to do this last time and it took a month of coding and a month of debugging after that, this could be a major task.

There are a lot of good things in the new engine, but until he starts on it, he will not really know how much he has to change. He will have a firm 6 month window to get TMG released. If he has to devote 2 months for the launch of Black Sky, it may not be doable. If it can be done faster, he can, and will.

He is diligently working on things, but has not and can not make any firm decisions.

I really think Black Sky will turn the corner for Ascent as far as play-ability and profitability. Getting there is the challenge. I also think the new engine will be important.

He is also looking at the Autopilot lag in large systems and things like that. Lots to work out and no firm decisions possible at this time. He is dedicated and values the commitment many have to Ascent. He is not one to walk away from that, but he may be forced to delay. Not his choice, but it may be the reality if he has to get TMG going in 6 months. There is a LOT of work to be done. He told me before he plans to release a PC and console version of it. Big boots to full.

So hang in there and lets keep enjoying the game. More IS to come, just not sure when.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Thanks for the update RAM.

Hell we waited this long, we can wait some more. :D
It's more important for Jam to be able to keep his business viable for long term success of ascent & any other releases he has. If not nothing happens to anything & we end up with a dead game. I must admit I was starting to lose faith/interest but I'm feeling encouraged again now.

Best of luck Jam & rest assured there WILL be an FG in your medieval game as well as ascent :)

PS. Pillaging of ramish farms will be obligatory :lol:
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:58 pm

davh62 wrote:

You must really love those Shoo Fly Pies. :)

On top of everything else, I have asked Jam for the rad level command one again too. We all know how important that is to game play!! :lol:
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:08 pm

RAM wrote:
davh62 wrote:

You must really love those Shoo Fly Pies. :)

On top of everything else, I have asked Jam for the rad level command one again too. We all know how important that is to game play!! :lol:

YES! ...too both
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Thanks, Ram for that excellent update and the encouragement to maintain morale.

I'm thrilled to see Jam back on the job here and, as far as I'm concerned, have no problems waiting until TMG is launched for him to focus on Black Sky. Ofcourse, it WOULD be nice if he could get to it first :D

If we have to wait, maybe we could use the time to start working out ways to smooth the entry of a bunch of new players, when the time comes.

For instance, put something in the wiki that explains the 'etiquette' most players adhere to with regard to mining other players mine fields.

We had also had some discussion (and controversy) over 'price-fixing' vs trying to make sure new players can compete with established ship builders.

Seems to me, there have been a couple other recurring problems that caused drama and the loss of big groups of new players before.
What do you think?
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:30 am

Thanks for the update RAM.

I seems that we can look forward to a couple of excitig months ahead.

LadyHawk wrote:If we have to wait, maybe we could use the time to start working out ways to smooth the entry of a bunch of new players, when the time comes.

For instance, put something in the wiki that explains the 'etiquette' most players adhere to with regard to mining other players mine fields.

We had also had some discussion (and controversy) over 'price-fixing' vs trying to make sure new players can compete with established ship builders.

I have jotted down the following which I will put up for discussion and copy into the Wiki, if someone can remind me how to create a new page. I would link this to the Asteroid Mining page.

As far as pricing goes, I am very interested in any proposals players would like to make on how high or low my prices should be.

I seem to be the only volume ship builder at this time, but is anyone wants to take some of the market, say the Class 11 to 13 ships, I will gladly withdraw.

Plus I think I have noticed that the NPC Shipyards have increased their prices; I am finding it difficult to find any ships below the guide price as stated in the Wiki and online heal. If jam has altered the base price for NPC built ships can he let us know so that the Wiki can be updated and ship builders know what they are competing with.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby RAM » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:33 am

Mooncrest wrote:I have jotted down the following which I will put up for discussion and copy into the Wiki, if someone can remind me how to create a new page. I would link this to the Asteroid Mining page.

Feel free to add it to the Asteroid Mining page itself.

Mooncrest wrote:Plus I think I have noticed that the NPC Shipyards have increased their prices

We voted to increase the SS Shipyard prices of class 6-10 ships by 50%. Jam did this when T2 was added. I have thought about the wiki ships prices needing to be updated a couple of times, but never when I was inspired to do anything about it. Not easy to access the wiki in the shower presently. :lol:

We have a LOT of wiki work to do. I may make it my goal this winter to really get serious about getting it updated. It was part of my platform when I ran. I like to follow through with things I say when I can actually remember that I said them. If you all do not see me starting something in the next few weeks, remind me.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Mooncrest wrote:I have jotted down the following which I will put up for discussion and copy into the Wiki, if someone can remind me how to create a new page. I would link this to the Asteroid Mining page.

Are those "rules" still needed? Seems to me like there is way more grown fields out there than the current miners in game need. Which is why I have ignored those "rules" for almost a year now (I wouldnt have been able to mine all the millions of nio/tin I sold otherwise), but if you guys still think it should be the etiquette, I wont ignore it anymore. Ive only "broken the rules" on inactive player fields.

I am only asking, since if that is what is being adviced to new players I should follow it to.

/Loke
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427

The forum are belong to me
User

TEKnome

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Postby TEKnome » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 am

Loke wrote:Are those "rules" still needed?
/Loke

myself, "Rules" or at least 'Guidelines' are useful, especially for new Pilot Captains still finding their way around.

Having said that, if it is a 'TEKnome' System , wherever it is, feel free to ' have at it ! '
I find 'em, I don't always mine 'em, but no point letting them go untapped ;)
Happy Hunting !

Cheers :D
Skimmer - Miner - Trader - Surveyor - Star Finder
Senator of Gnome Home, Gnomore
Governor of Mount Nevermind, Valyria
PreviousNext