Ship Console

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User avatar
User

Xanuri

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander
Posts

276

Joined

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Ship Console

Postby Xanuri » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:30 am

Hi,

I have been here for about 8 days and today I encountered one of our new players who had some really good input for the UI.

First he described his experience flying a spaceship in the current UI as "drive a car with just a steering wheel and a gas pedal". I tend to agree, I think maybe we need a instrumentation panel that shows several key things you need to fly a spaceship
Altitude
Speed
Gravity
and maybe a few others

one person even suggested that the console have a text readout that the computer can communicate things to you on, they mentioned using chat but I figured the console would be a better location for that.

Secondly, he suggested that we need a way to access our Colony details such as how many resources you need to supply to complete construction. I take this for granted because I have two screens and can open excel on one and game on another but those who might play on a laptop or single screen then have to constantly alt tab to excel and back in order to keep track of things.

Anyway, I though I would bring this up to you all and see what you think.

Respectfully,
Xanuri
The Dark Calling - High Councilor

If you have a Dark Calling, we are here in the Red Zone awaiting your arrival.
no avatar
User

shathiell

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander
Posts

317

Joined

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:03 am

Re: Ship Console

Postby shathiell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:14 am

Xanuri wrote:Hi,

I have been here for about 8 days and today I encountered one of our new players who had some really good input for the UI.

First he described his experience flying a spaceship in the current UI as "drive a car with just a steering wheel and a gas pedal". I tend to agree, I think maybe we need a instrumentation panel that shows several key things you need to fly a spaceship
Altitude
Speed
Gravity
and maybe a few others


It's a good suggestion that this is part of the standard UI, however some people may like the option to remove it for clutter purposes.

There is a set of instructions available today which can show this on screen, along with a lot of other things (Such as atmosphere composition). Here is the page on the wiki which describes maininstruction in more detail:

http://wiki.thespacegame.com/mediawiki/ ... nstruction



Xanuri wrote:Secondly, he suggested that we need a way to access our Colony details such as how many resources you need to supply to complete construction. I take this for granted because I have two screens and can open excel on one and game on another but those who might play on a laptop or single screen then have to constantly alt tab to excel and back in order to keep track of things.

Anyway, I though I would bring this up to you all and see what you think.

Respectfully,
Xanuri


Good suggestion. Post it in RAM's UI thread to ensure it gets some further visibility. I'd also love to see warehouse stock levels :)
User avatar
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral
Posts

3513

Joined

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Ship Console

Postby rmartz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:10 pm

Xanuri wrote:Secondly, he suggested that we need a way to access our Colony details such as how many resources you need to supply to complete construction. I take this for granted because I have two screens and can open excel on one and game on another but those who might play on a laptop or single screen then have to constantly alt tab to excel and back in order to keep track of things.

Anyway, I though I would bring this up to you all and see what you think.

Respectfully,
Xanuri


http://colony.AscentExtras.com

Works for all outer colonies and OSB. Not for inner Settlements or ISB though. It shows the materials needed to build.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User avatar
User

Xanuri

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander
Posts

276

Joined

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: Ship Console

Postby Xanuri » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:30 pm

RAM, I appreciate all of the work you have done on these websites, but to his point, it should be something that is available in-game vs. having to move in and out of the game.

just saying
The Dark Calling - High Councilor

If you have a Dark Calling, we are here in the Red Zone awaiting your arrival.
User avatar
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander
Posts

306

Joined

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Re: Ship Console

Postby Kambalo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Thanks for RAM for all the info provided.
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
User avatar
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral
Posts

3513

Joined

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Ship Console

Postby rmartz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Xanuri wrote:RAM, I appreciate all of the work you have done on these websites, but to his point, it should be something that is available in-game vs. having to move in and out of the game.

just saying

That would be best, but the design on a shoestring that had to be employed motivates us to go outside the game to support.

Colony analysis is in game now, but mine is sooo much better. 8-) :lol:
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User avatar
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander
Posts

306

Joined

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Re: Ship Console

Postby Kambalo » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:23 pm

LOL Bragging a little bit ? :lol: :lol: LOL
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
User avatar
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral
Posts

3513

Joined

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Ship Console

Postby rmartz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Kambalo wrote:LOL Bragging a little bit ? :lol: :lol: LOL


When I lived in Texas I learnt a saying. "No brag, just fact."

Game Colony Analyser(Aus spelling):

Image

MG Colony Analyzer(US Spelling):

Image

I reduced the size so it would fit on here better. Notice the button on the bottom that draws out the colony for you so you can see what is where? When used on an OSB, it shows shipyard contents. Notiece the lighter colored text numbers? Hover your mouse over each number and you get even more data. The advantage of this is you can check colonies and OSB even when you are not at them. It reads the lastest cache file and reports that info. It will also show how much is needed to supply any planned structures. It DOES NOT work for Inner Settlements or ISB. There is no cache file for them so only whimpy in game tools can be used.

No brag, just fact. :P :lol:
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User avatar
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander
Posts

306

Joined

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Re: Ship Console

Postby Kambalo » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:59 pm

Wow, awesome job in there, OK I will let your facts speak. You can brag now, LOL :lol:
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
User avatar
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral
Posts

3513

Joined

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Ship Console

Postby rmartz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:51 pm

Kambalo wrote:Wow, awesome job in there, OK I will let your facts speak. You can brag now, LOL :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I can tell we are going to have a great time together. Another forum hog! I love it!!
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | Style by KomiDesign | Modified by Chris Valleriani