First Person View Vector Indicator

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

tobascodagama

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:34 pm

First Person View Vector Indicator

Postby tobascodagama » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:43 pm

When flying with Grav Anchor disabled, it's quite common to be traveling in a different direction than you're ships current orientation. Currently, this is indicated by the a fake "space debris" effect. It would be nice if this were indicated more precisely in the first-person view by a HUD indicator showing the current direction of travel.
User

Xanuri

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: First Person View Vector Indicator

Postby Xanuri » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:58 pm

+1, I agree!

relative speed would be good too, I know there are a lot of dynamics and physics involved but this would help with gas skimming too, since many of the GG are extremely high gravity and you end up flying in more of a downward arch or in some cases you can't even escape. would be good if there were some additional flight instrumentation with more details. I think we touched on this in another topic too!
The Dark Calling - High Councilor

If you have a Dark Calling, we are here in the Red Zone awaiting your arrival.
no avatar
User

Ghostwish

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:31 am

Postby Ghostwish » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:02 pm

I would like this too, just so I know which vector thrust to fire!
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:57 am

Xanuri wrote:+1, I agree!

relative speed would be good too, I know there are a lot of dynamics and physics involved but this would help with gas skimming too, since many of the GG are extremely high gravity and you end up flying in more of a downward arch or in some cases you can't even escape. would be good if there were some additional flight instrumentation with more details. I think we touched on this in another topic too!

I agree and a very good point about gas skimming. Most of the time, although there are subtle cues, it is difficult to tell the actual vector you are flying on.
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Postby Kambalo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:32 pm

That is why I suggested to have on the UI as a permanent fixture altitude and angle of descent, these could help alot specially while gas skimming or landing.
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
no avatar
User

aihnsa

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:22 am

Postby aihnsa » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:26 pm

Kerbal Space program has a nice ball, or indicator, that is good for both vector and directional mechanics. Drawback is I could see it being complicated to implement, and might clutter the screen somewhat, but it could solve a lot of orbital mechanics indicator needs. And as for mining, even a relative speed indicator for my blue-boxed asteroid would be nice.