The New Autopilot and HOW to use it

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

SilkenVerse

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:38 pm

The New Autopilot and HOW to use it

Postby SilkenVerse » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:20 am

This is how to use the new UI Autopilot feature as requested by RAM hehe..

Tiny empty upper left square under the Autopilot wide bar:

First click puts your colony and OSB's first, then all other colony's Second, Pirate Encounters Third, Gas Giants Fourth, Gates Fifth, Rocky Planets Sixth, all other OSB's Seventh, Moons Eighth and Stars Nineth and last is Wreck Location.
Second click puts all the first in reverse.

Destination Square:

First click destination puts everything from the 0 – 9 then A – Z numerical Alphabetical order ( Wreck Locations are indeed between V and X)
Second click reverses that order : Z- A then 9 – 0 reverse Alphabetical Numerical order

Distance:

1st click orders everything from Closest to furthest no matter what type of object it is
2nd Click order everything from the Furthest distance to the closest distance.

Action:
For the Inner 9 the SS is First the Wreck location is Second and then the Gates are Third and so on.
First Click puts Gates first, Encounters second, (Rocky Planets, Stars, Moons and Gas Giants) third, Finally Colonys and OSB's last.
2nd Click puts Colonys and OSB's First, (Rocky planets, Moons, Stars and Gas Giants Second, Pirate Encounters Thirds and Finally Gates Last.
Last edited by SilkenVerse on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilkenVerse

Mayor of Aes Sedai Colony and Silken's OSB.
Grave robber and Cougar Bait :-)

May your words be Silken...
User

SilkenVerse

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Re: The New Autopilot and HOW to use it

Postby SilkenVerse » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:26 am

I just noticed that I do not have any wrecks in quests so I will get one to try see where it appears, If someone has already figured out where they appear on the new UI Autopilot let me know.

Okay the WRECK LOCATIONS are up to date. :-)

Silk
SilkenVerse

no avatar
User

aihnsa

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:22 am

Postby aihnsa » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:46 am

I really find that one of my chief frustrations as a new player entering the outer systems is that the autopilot list is just spam. I have one starbase I want to get to, but to see it I have to keep the box checked so that I see all starbases, and warping to it requires lots of scrolling and searching, which takes away from game feel and becomes drudgery, particularly if I'm hauling repeatedly.

Some sort of favorites function, where I could designate favorites that I would see even with the starbase box unchecked would make a big difference in helping avoid an overwhelming autopilot experience.
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Postby Kambalo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Didnt know about this, sounds great.
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:40 pm

aihnsa wrote:I really find that one of my chief frustrations as a new player entering the outer systems is that the autopilot list is just spam. I have one starbase I want to get to, but to see it I have to keep the box checked so that I see all starbases, and warping to it requires lots of scrolling and searching, which takes away from game feel and becomes drudgery, particularly if I'm hauling repeatedly.

Some sort of favorites function, where I could designate favorites that I would see even with the starbase box unchecked would make a big difference in helping avoid an overwhelming autopilot experience.

Very good idea. Would really help when hauling to new Jump Gates as well.
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Kambalo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:48 pm

Adding to that maybe a way to bookmark the places in a system for you to be easy to find what you are looking for, like we can do now with maps.
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
no avatar
User

tobascodagama

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Postby tobascodagama » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:06 pm

aihnsa wrote:I really find that one of my chief frustrations as a new player entering the outer systems is that the autopilot list is just spam. I have one starbase I want to get to, but to see it I have to keep the box checked so that I see all starbases, and warping to it requires lots of scrolling and searching, which takes away from game feel and becomes drudgery, particularly if I'm hauling repeatedly.

Seconding all of this. Even with judicious use of the built-in filters and sorting, it can be hard to find the one starbase you're actually interested in trading with out of all the hundreds in your current system. Some kind of favourites system or the ability to search the autopilot destination list would be massively useful.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Wiki and Help updated. Thanks Silk!
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

SilkenVerse

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Postby SilkenVerse » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Np RAM.

I am looking for other ways to update little things that get missed by everyone doing large projects.
SilkenVerse

User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Kambalo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Awesome job, that AP options really help.
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
Next