Ascent: The Dark Side

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: Ascent: The Dark Side

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:53 am

The fact that there is no mechanic in-game for organising Factions/Guilds should not stop you from organising the "Dark Side" faction. There is the ability to have personal chat channels, or you could use something like TeamSpeak for more direct, private convos. Also, your members could identify their ship using a name designation of some kind: MINERS Guils members use MG in front of ther ship name. There are also plenty of places on the web that host free forums and if you have the will and the skill you cold develop your own website.

I know that it would be better if this stuff were provided in-game, but as Jam has said on several occasions, his time-usgae is already planned for the next several months ahead. So, if we want to get ahead of the game, we have to improvise: hence all the work RAM has put in to out-of-game apps and databases.

I am not a combat player, but if I were, I would be in the Red Zone now, trying to gather a group together and get a cluster of systems established to combat Aga and Hubes; 'cos they have been there a long time and will be well established. I would be using any and all resouces at my disposal to make sure I was ready for when PvP was introduced.
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Postby Kambalo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:41 pm

I agree because we dont have right now the mechanism for fleets or factions does not mean we cannot start creating our own factions, via outside website or just by joining in the game.
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
User

Xanuri

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Postby Xanuri » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:20 pm

I agree with both you...and I am already in the planning phases of this.

I would just like for it to be a bit more official with Jam's blessing and such, since I am relatively new here and there is a political system in place I didn't want to do something like this without some buy off from our awesome little community and our Dev Team!

Respectfully,
Xanuri
The Dark Calling - High Councilor

If you have a Dark Calling, we are here in the Red Zone awaiting your arrival.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Kambalo wrote:I agree because we dont have right now the mechanism for fleets or factions does not mean we cannot start creating our own factions, via outside website or just by joining in the game.

There is, or should be, a mechanism for fleets in the game. They just have to be fleets of Player controlled ships and not NPC controlled ships. I am not sure if anyone has given it a good go, but Jam said that the PvE encounters could, and some should, be taken on by a group of players. So a fledgling faction could use these encounters to practice their Fleet Tactics.

Xanuri wrote:I agree with both you...and I am already in the planning phases of this.
I would just like for it to be a bit more official with Jam's blessing and such, since I am relatively new here and there is a political system in place I didn't want to do something like this without some buy off from our awesome little community and our Dev Team!
Respectfully,
Xanuri

The political elements on the game allow for players to represent whole systems in the Colonial Senate. There is no reason for all our Senators to get on with each other. What happens in the Red Zone has, by decree, to stay in the Red Zone ;) ;)
Previous