Jumping throught Multiple Gates

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

aihnsa

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:22 am

Jumping throught Multiple Gates

Postby aihnsa » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Flea has explained to me that six months ago there were very few gates in game. Now, however, there are bunches of gates, and to get from point a to point b by gate, you have to search out jump gates from cluttered autopilot lists over and over.

A nice feature of EvE online was the ability to autopilot through multiple gates, limited by your capacitor. Something similar here, where I am able to go to the map and tell my ship to gate from Ceres to Spire, for example, would save a lot of autopilot scrolling and hunting and pecking. It would also make a capacitor more relevant, since not being able to gate rapidly in succession would be more noticable now.
User

Worm

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Jumping throught Multiple Gates

Postby Worm » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:27 pm

+1
Would be a welcome feature.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:25 am

Once you get into larger ships, you just jump straight to where you want to go. Gates are for early game and NPC pilots. Gating to a system becomes slow and tedious when you can jump straight to it.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:49 am

In the meantime, You can bring the all the Jump Gates from the system to the top of the AP list by clicking in the Action header box.

For other features of the new AP, see this thread:

http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2844
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Postby Kambalo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Great to know that the bigger ships can do that. Cant wait to get my new shinny ship.... :lol:
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
no avatar
User

aihnsa

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:22 am

Postby aihnsa » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:16 pm

I'm not suggest that, in an A-B-C-D situation, someone be able to gate directly from A to D. What I am suggesting is that it would be nice if you didn't have to be at the controls while your ship jumped A-B-C-D for you. As the gate network becomes more extensive, this approach will become more logical, and its absence is going to seem larger and larger to crossovers from games that have it.
no avatar
User

Ghostwish

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:31 am

Postby Ghostwish » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:11 pm

I am all for this. Even with how cheap hydrogen is, I'm very frugal and quite the miser. I'll gate jump when I can, and I'd like to be able to multitask while flying about. Those settlements spreadsheets aren't going to plan themselves!
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:31 pm

You will soon outgrow the inner systems and want to colonize further a field. The inner gates will only be important for your npc's then as rmartz said. Once you get into the bigger ships HD jumps rule! Having said that I like the idea but the UI would need a major overhaul to make it work methinks. That alone probably means it wont happen. Keep the ideas coming though!
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp