Maininstruction readout colors

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

aihnsa

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:22 am

Maininstruction readout colors

Postby aihnsa » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:13 pm

I've been doing a lot of exploring, and a frustration that has emerged multiple times is that the white letters and numbers of the maininstruction readout wash out against white or biege planets so that I 1) can't read them at all and have to go to console or 2) have to squint quite a bit to see them. The ability to set them to a color that would wash out less often would be very helpful. Likewise, being able to color your readouts could help you distinguish between them quickly in combat or other contexts.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Maininstruction readout colors

Postby rmartz » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:38 am

aihnsa wrote:I've been doing a lot of exploring, and a frustration that has emerged multiple times is that the white letters and numbers of the maininstruction readout wash out against white or biege planets so that I 1) can't read them at all and have to go to console or 2) have to squint quite a bit to see them. The ability to set them to a color that would wash out less often would be very helpful. Likewise, being able to color your readouts could help you distinguish between them quickly in combat or other contexts.

I have issues with this also. I rotate 3rd person view to under the surface to be able to read it. I need to post some screenshots on how hard it is to read.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:43 am

aihnsa wrote:I've been doing a lot of exploring, and a frustration that has emerged multiple times is that the white letters and numbers of the maininstruction readout wash out against white or biege planets so that I 1) can't read them at all and have to go to console or 2) have to squint quite a bit to see them. The ability to set them to a color that would wash out less often would be very helpful. Likewise, being able to color your readouts could help you distinguish between them quickly in combat or other contexts.

This is causing me a real problem, as well, especially when Gas Giant skimming, because usually I skim for Tritium and Deuterium in white areas of the planet and this just drowns out the maininstruction panel altogether. Also, the Grav Anchor indicator disappears, completely washed out by the planets surface colour.
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Postby Kambalo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Maybe if those readings could have a place holder box with black background could be nice.
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
no avatar
User

Ghostwish

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:31 am

Postby Ghostwish » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:03 pm

+1
User

Xanuri

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Postby Xanuri » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:18 pm

This should be included in the Ship Console, see other forum topic!!
The Dark Calling - High Councilor

If you have a Dark Calling, we are here in the Red Zone awaiting your arrival.
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Postby Kambalo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:08 pm

+11
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master